Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

belt buckle

Article about: hi guys i just wanted to share some pics of my buckle it was a gift to a british soldier from a german pow unfortunately the swastica has been rubbed off but can be seen from the rear of the

Default belt buckle

hi guys i just wanted to share some pics of my buckle it was a gift to a british soldier from a german pow unfortunately the swastica has been rubbed off but can be seen from the rear of the buckle i would like some information on the maker etc if you would be so kind the rear of the buckle has B and G stamped on it and the number 42 any info would be great kind regards james belt bucklebelt buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement belt buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: belt buckle

It is a steel Heer buckle by Gustav Brehmer, Markneukirchen, dated 1942.

See the examples in post #18 of this thread: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...-makers-250-2/

But the catch looks different. ???
    Last edited by roger9344; 01-21-2012 at 03:57 PM. Reason: add link to thread

hello roger and many thanks for you prompt reply and information ,was this type of buckle originally painted ?kind regards james

Yes, these were typically painted. Green for Heer or Dark blue for Coastal Artillery.

Very hard to see what colour it is, blue or green! Buckle is by Gustav Brehmer, Markneukirchen, but the catch looks to have been replaced, it is not a normal Brehmer catch, here are a couple of examples for reference
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture belt buckle   belt buckle  

belt buckle   belt buckle  

Ben