Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

belt&buckle in vet lot

Article about: I was high (only) bidder on a GI vet lot on ebay - a little more than I wanted to spend but with paperwork and other items included I felt it was worth the risk. Includes a belt and buckle,

Default belt&buckle in vet lot

I was high (only) bidder on a GI vet lot on ebay - a little more than I wanted to spend but with paperwork and other items included I felt it was worth the risk.
    Includes a belt and buckle, fighting knife and sheath, cloth nazi eagles, cig case and news articles along with the military inspection papers calling out the belt&buckle, knife and insignia. If lot is legit I think it is pretty neat to be able to trace the belt and buckle together to its original owner.

Will get a better look at belt/buckle when I get it. Not sure what the eagles are from.

Any thoughts on the lot?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture belt&buckle in vet lot   belt&buckle in vet lot  

belt&buckle in vet lot   belt&buckle in vet lot  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement belt&buckle in vet lot
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: belt&buckle in vet lot

looks a nice haul, the eagles look to be km eagles , rgds Dave

Joseph, you need to post pics of your items in the relevant forum? ie, knife in the dagger/blade forum, paper work to paperwork etc, you have posted in the buckle forum with hardly any pics, can you post pics of the buckle when you get it?

Thanks
    Ben

?

When you get the items check the tab and belt for the eagle M kreigsmarine marking. It might be more than a common Army set.

The bayonet you have shown is not German. It looks to be for a Mauser or Mannlicher type rifle and I think is probably Austrian or Turkish. Also, I don't see a muzzle ring and the blade end looks a little odd like maybe this bayonet was modified for personal use or as a fighting knife. The sheath isn't original to the knife as this would have originally had a metal scabbard.

As Ben said, you need to post it in the edged weapons forum and hopefully those guys will be able to help you. Would love to see more individual photos of the buckle

Best,
    Adam

I received the lot today. The belt and buckle are in very good condition. Tab is dated and the belt has a date and mfg but not easy to make out. Buckle marked with an H.A. The belt has some odd markings along the inside back top half - maybe from ammo cases? let me know what you think and how this maker compares to others in rarity. Belt is blackish with brown.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture belt&buckle in vet lot   belt&buckle in vet lot  

belt&buckle in vet lot  

?

very nice buckle , rgds Dave

Nice buckle and belt, not a rare maker but nice all the same
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Nice buckle and belt, not a rare maker but nice all the same
    Thanks for the comments. I almost did not bid because it looks just like one of my other buckles but the idea that I would have a belt&buckle set that has been together since 1940's intrigued me.

?

A nice pre war buckle and belt. You will see such combinations become harder and harder to find.
    SteveR