MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Buckle & Belt - Authentic?

Article about: Hello! I recently found this buckle & belt while going through my grandfather's things. Surviving relatives say he came back from Europe after WWII with these items. They certainly look

drdave
    ?

Post Buckle & Belt - Authentic?

Hello!

I recently found this buckle & belt while going through my grandfather's things. Surviving relatives say he came back from Europe after WWII with these items. They certainly look like others in this forum but I am not the expert - "you all" are. I'm wondering what you might be able to tell me about these; I've posted the best pictures I could take showing detail, especially of areas where other belts have had marks. Also, I have not yet cleaned these items at all.

Your help and advice is much appreciated.

Regards,

DrDave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buckle & Belt - Authentic?   Buckle & Belt - Authentic?  

Buckle & Belt - Authentic?   Buckle & Belt - Authentic?  

Buckle & Belt - Authentic?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Buckle & Belt - Authentic?

Good original Heer buckle !!! When it comes to cleaning just very litely with a damp paper towel !! no scrubbing or chemical usage it will hurt the buckle it is best to leave old militaria alone unless you are a pro when it comes to cleaning

A very nice one!!! An original piece with a nice background! In my opinion don't clean it... Leave it as you found it! If you want try and remove some dirt and dust but nothing more because you may ruin the leather!

Nice set, buckle looks like it was made by B Haarmann
    Ben

drdave
    ?

Thank you all. Tonight, I had my son take a flashlight and look at the belt's tab, where I'd noticed an oval stamp with lettering, similar to pictures on other threads in this forum. I didn't want to clean the belt - so, my son says that inside the oval is the date "1940," on the top are the letters "BHAARMANN," and on the bottom, "Ludenscheid," with a star stamped at the 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions. One of you had pointed out that B Haarmann had likely made the belt, might I assume Ludenscheid is the city in which it was made? Also, is there any other information about this particular belt you all might offer? Thanks so much!

Yes Ludenscheid is where it was made and their really isnt much more to tell standard issue buckle but still very nice buckle good hunting best regards Sean

Just to confirm Bernard Haarmann a maker working our of Ludenscheid is the maker of the buckle and support tab. The strap will have been made by another maker
    Ben

You have a good set with a nice history behind them. I agree with others leave as is. timothy