Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Buckle GOTT MIT UNS Edelweiss original?

Article about: This buckle is original and I think that is the first world war (Mountain Troop?). Can anyone say more about it? Thanks to all!

Default Buckle GOTT MIT UNS Edelweiss original?

This buckle is original and I think that is the first world war (Mountain Troop?). Can anyone say more about it? Thanks to all!
    Attached Images Attached Images Buckle GOTT MIT UNS Edelweiss original?  Buckle GOTT MIT UNS Edelweiss original? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Buckle GOTT MIT UNS Edelweiss original?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Buckle GOTT MIT UNS Edelweiss original?

Well, I have never seen one of those before !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Must admit , ive never seen one like it either, didnt think there was a seperate buckle for mountain troops, but see what other comments appear

?

It is a post war (WWII) modified Heer buckle and has nothing to do with Gebirgsjäger troops or something similar. You can see remains of the overstamped Heer eagle if you check up the center in detail. I like these buckles and they are quite hard to find!

Best,
    Guido

I am with Guido, post war done, rather than waste the buckle (hackenkreuz symbol banned) these surplus buckles were "restamped" with a variety of different patterns so the buckles could still be used
    Ben