Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ctd maker identity?

Article about: I was recently at the house of an inlaw, who's grandfather followed the US army through europe establishing interim governments in various cities, and he had a lot of items he brought back.

nephros
    ?

Default ctd maker identity?

I was recently at the house of an inlaw, who's grandfather followed the US army through europe establishing interim governments in various cities, and he had a lot of items he brought back. I didn't get a chance to take pictures of very much, but he has a 'Gott mit uns' beltbuckle with c.t.d. or ctd stamped on the metal below the catch. There is a paper number taped over the leather so I couldn't see the maker on there. His notes indicate it was a "firemans belt". Can anyone enlighten me on the maker?

Thanks

2. # ADS

Default Re: ctd maker identity?

The maker is Christian Theodore Dicke, Ludensheid, quite a prolific buckle maker, I have enclosed an example of a Heer buckle for you, any chance of seeing any pics of your buckle?

BTW welcome to the forum also if you look in the M4 makers list you will find other examples
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ctd maker identity?   ctd maker identity?  

ctd maker identity?   ctd maker identity?  

Ben

Default Re: ctd maker identity?

There were a variety of different firemen's buckles made....I'd love to see your example. I could then ID the district it was used in for you. Welcome!
    Cheers!

Rob