Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DAK Belt and buckle

Article about: Here we have a Heer Afrikakorps issue webbing belt and buckle. Webbing was used instead of the regular leather belts in order to withstand better the weather conditions of fighting in the No

Default DAK Belt and buckle

Here we have a Heer Afrikakorps issue webbing belt and buckle. Webbing was used instead of the regular leather belts in order to withstand better the weather conditions of fighting in the North African tropical envoiroment.

The buckle, which is dated 1941 and maker marked "CTD", is painted in Olive coloured paint and is fitted with a webbing retaining tab.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK Belt and buckle   DAK Belt and buckle  

DAK Belt and buckle   DAK Belt and buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK Belt and buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: DAK Belt and buckle

Nice set Ade, a well used veteran
    Ben

?

looks great , i really like the dak buckles, rgds dave

Hello Dave, nice to see you here now I know you have some nice buckles, especially a certain DAK one, it would be nice to show it
    Ben

Nice set Ade
    I have a question on these two. I've been told buy the the sellers that these are DAK, I was unsure about this and bought them anyway as normal buckles .

What ya reckon are they DAK? I don't really care either way but I'm a little confused on the paint colourings!

Hi René, without a web tab, I would regard them as good but regular Heer Buckles.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi René, without a web tab, I would regard them as good but regular Heer Buckles.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade no problem

The buckles are just normal Heer buckles Rene, think about the alu one, they stopped making them in 39, you do see the odd 1940 one kicking around, they did not make DAK belts by then. Two nice buckles BTW, any maker mark on the steel tab buckle? Looks like a JC Maedicke, or Osang but hard to define from the pics. The Keller buckle is quite hard to get hold to be honest
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    The buckles are just normal Heer buckles Rene, think about the alu one, they stopped making them in 39, you do see the odd 1940 one kicking around, they did not make DAK belts by then. Two nice buckles BTW, any maker mark on the steel tab buckle? Looks like a JC Maedicke, or Osang but hard to define from the pics. The Keller buckle is quite hard to get hold to be honest
    Thanks Ben
    No markings on the steel buckle, but it's a Berlin Dicke 41, I have another Dicke but this is from Ludenschied (I have not spelt it correctly)

Thought so, J C Maedicke, Berlin, the other Dicke will be CTD or Christian Theodore Dicke, Ludenscheid
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast