Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fake Heer buckle

Article about: Hello.. Quite possibly a fake based on the underscore under Dr. and the pigeon head.. The tab is sort of convincing.. I was going to bid on this item but backed off based on that. A dealer t

?

Default Fake Heer buckle

Hello.. Quite possibly a fake based on the underscore under Dr. and the pigeon head..
    The tab is sort of convincing.. I was going to bid on this item but backed off based on that.
    A dealer then (Supposedly) bought it and is offering this item on their site for $239.00 U.S.
    I have let them know my feelings and will report positive or negative feedback as necessary...Gwar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake Heer buckle   Fake Heer buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake Heer buckle
    P
    Many

Yup it's a dud!...

Definite pigeon head fake that has been aged, can you post it in the fake Heer thread for reference please?

Cheers
    Ben

?

Ben can you repost it for me as I don't know how to repost into another thread yet.... Thanks...Gwar

All done, I just saved the pics and re posted them
    Ben

The buckle itself is definitely fake. Its a little alarming that with a little better aging (ie. not so even) and a better head this would be a very dangerous fake.

?

If the buckle was original it would only be a $85-100 buckle in this condition. To be worth $239 it would have to be original and in very close to mint condition.

?

Thanks Ben... Gwar

Same fake in this photo on the right. The tab on the one you posted is similar to the real one on the left. NH

Fake Heer buckle

?

I certainly agree.. The tab looked sort of okay, but upon further inspection of the maker mark on the buckle alone was enough for me to pass.. This buckle originally went for sale at about $ 100.00 or less at auction.. The good news is that the dealer has since pulled the buckle and will not offer it for sale.. I was even thanked by him personally online..
    Now, I want to thank ALL of you that have saved me and countless others the same grief
    by your selfless contributions, going way above and beyond the call of duty.. That is what I belive is the cornerstone of this great forum.. I hope to be a better contibutor here in the future as my knowledge grows as well.... Again... Thanks to all... Gwar

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast