Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

FKO - Named: H Wollenberg

Article about: Colleagues, Last year I purchased an Heer Buckle by FKO with its belt. The date in the logo is 1937 . Etched inside the belt is the name H. Wollenberg. I would like to research this individu

?

Default FKO - Named: H Wollenberg

Colleagues,

Last year I purchased an Heer Buckle by FKO with its belt. The date in the logo is 1937 . Etched inside the belt is the name H. Wollenberg.

I would like to research this individual to possibly determine his fate but find the available data base is in German and I can't seem to figure out the instructions. Any suggestions as to how I might proceed. Pictures of the piece are as follows.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FKO - Named: H Wollenberg   FKO - Named: H Wollenberg  

FKO - Named: H Wollenberg   FKO - Named: H Wollenberg  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FKO - Named: H Wollenberg
    P
    Many

?

A good Freidrich Keller, Oberstein.. I am sure their are others with more knowledge than I can offer as far as to whom it belonged to.. Andreas is usually the man though I believe...Good luck..G

?

Gwar,

Thank you for your kind reply. I gather that Freidrich Keller, Oberstein (FKO) Heer Buckles are not that common. As to finding out anything of substance about original owner, H. Wollenberg, my research revealed that four German soldiers with the name of Hans Wollenberg were killed in WWI. Given the laws of probability, there were probably 3-4 times that many who lost their lives in WWII. Accordingly I do not hold out much hope for anything conclusive. Still, it is a nice piece.

I also purchased a Luftschutz Helmet, NSDAP Armband and a Luftwaffe Dagger 2nd Pattern at the same time. The dagger, however, is in very poor shape and good only for parts. Now that I am retired, I will be sharing all and more with this forum in the future. Again, I truly feel privileged to be able to draw upon the expertise of this forum's moderators and members.

a nice belt and buckle.

Nice belt and buckle, the buckle is not a rare maker, Keller buckles are quite available to buy. In ref to the belt have a look at the stitching on the tongue (inside of belt) it might have been re-stitched back on at some point, the thread seems overly clean compared to the rest of the stitching on the support tab etc. Good look with the re search

- - ------- - -

BTW welcome to the forum
    Ben

A nice set!....