Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Afrika Korps JFS belt buckle?

Article about: Hi, just wanting to show you this buckle I have recently purchased. It is a steel buckle marked JFS and had originally been painted a green color. According to the dealer the buckle is a Nor

Default Heer Afrika Korps JFS belt buckle?

Hi, just wanting to show you this buckle I have recently purchased. It is a steel buckle marked JFS and had originally been painted a green color. According to the dealer the buckle is a North Africa bring back by a British vet. For some reason the vet removed most of the paint to the front, hence I got it for a lower price. I suppose it may mean that the buckle was issued to the Afrika korps? It is a nice buckle, just a shame about the scratches on it. It retains most of the original color on the back. It shows some wear to the front, the eagle has lost its chest feathers.

Attachment 424008Attachment 424009Attachment 424010Attachment 424011

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Afrika Korps JFS belt buckle?
    P
    Many

Default re: Heer Afrika Korps JFS belt buckle?

Good god did he use an angle grinder to remove the paint

I'm not blaming the vet, it was his tropy to do with as he pleased. It is still a nice buckle and seventy years old (I'm hoping it isn't a copy!) and it cost me half what a unmessed buckle would have cost me, so I'm happy. The scratches are not so noticable in natural light.

Yep it's still nice to own and it doesn't look like the usual JFS fake, i'm sure one of the more experienced members can tell you more.

Original buckle, shame its been tampered with
    Ben

Thanks for the thumbs up, Ben. I have read about the 'pigeon headed' buckles, this one looked OK to me.

Quote by Alexander View Post
    Thanks for the thumbs up, Ben. I have read about the 'pigeon headed' buckles, this one looked OK to me.
    No mate this is fine, actually harder to get hold of than the blue buckles
    Ben