Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer Aluminum Belt Buckle Unmarked and Waffen SS Buckle marked REDO: Authentic buckles?

Article about: You are correct: a fake. Cheers, Ade.

Question Heer Aluminum Belt Buckle Unmarked and Waffen SS Buckle marked REDO: Authentic buckles?

Here are two more buckles, these ones I saw in person. The first is unmarked and supposedly aluminum. The SS buckle I'm skeptical of because I am learning these are rarer and this is from the same seller that had a lot of fake SS buckles. Supposedly this one is veteran-purchased and marked REDO, which I think is the maker's mark for Robert Tumler, correct? The seller has it labeled as "Waffen SS, olive drab combat buckle." What do you all think about these?

Many thanks,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Aluminum Belt Buckle Unmarked and Waffen SS Buckle marked REDO: Authentic buckles?   Heer Aluminum Belt Buckle Unmarked and Waffen SS Buckle marked REDO: Authentic buckles?  

Heer Aluminum Belt Buckle Unmarked and Waffen SS Buckle marked REDO: Authentic buckles?   Heer Aluminum Belt Buckle Unmarked and Waffen SS Buckle marked REDO: Authentic buckles?  

Attached Images Attached Images Heer Aluminum Belt Buckle Unmarked and Waffen SS Buckle marked REDO: Authentic buckles?  Heer Aluminum Belt Buckle Unmarked and Waffen SS Buckle marked REDO: Authentic buckles? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Aluminum Belt Buckle Unmarked and Waffen SS Buckle marked REDO: Authentic buckles?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer Aluminum Belt Buckle Unmarked and Waffen SS Buckle marked REDO: Authentic buckles?

I'm actually also skeptical of the first, aluminum buckle because the back is different from all the others I have been looking at. If authentic, though I think it's a decent buy at $60 USD unless that's normal for this aluminum type.
    Thanks again
    -Adam

Default Re: Heer Aluminum Belt Buckle Unmarked and Waffen SS Buckle marked REDO: Authentic buckles?

Please note: I don't like the fact that in the picture of the Aluminum Heer Buckle, there is what appears to be a pencil with the same colored paint on it as the Waffen Buckle. Also, when looking at the pictures of the painted buckle itself, you can see that the paint is too shiny for wartime isssue.. Just my .02.

Joel

Isn't the Heer eagle supposed to face the opposite direction?
    The SS buckle I don't like.
    Tom

That heer buckle might be a good one - and if it is....could be the harder to find left facing eagle (looking to our left).
    I'm pretty sure the SS is a bad one - stay away from that one!

Hopefully Ben will be able to confirm what I think might be a legit - and rare - heer buckle! But the SS is bad.....RODO is for Robert Dold by the way!

Cheers!
    Rob

Thanks for the help, gys! I'm not at all surprised about the SS buckle, and yes the paint looks too shiny. Sorry, not sure why that pencil is there...maybe to convey size? That's exciting that it might be a rare buckle, Rob...we shall see :-)

Thanks again for the help.
    -Adam

I was going to go back to the shop tomorrow and buy the aluminum buckle that we weren't sure was a good/rare one or not. Has anyone else looked at this and have an opinion?

Thanks,
    Adam

I say go for it! I do feel like it's a good one! Not sure what the price is you're looking at - but these are quite difficult to find!
    I wish you the best of luck!
    Let us know how you make out!

Rob

The Heer buckle is a good parade buckle made in 1936 only, take it in my opinion

Thanks, guys. I'm going to go ahead and get the Heer buckle as it sounds rare! All together with Tax I'm paying about $75. What do u think about the price? I haven't seen others of these...is that price fair or a good deal?

Thanks,
    Adam

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast