Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Belt & Buckle

Article about: Hi guys, I would like your opinions on this item i bought today. Its maker is Dr.F. & Co. There is another stamped mark on the belt but i cant make it out? maybe you guys can?......apolo

?

Default Heer Belt & Buckle

Hi guys,

I would like your opinions on this item i bought today. Its maker is Dr.F. & Co. There is another stamped mark on the belt but i cant make it out? maybe you guys can?......apologies for the crap photos but the light was against me.....

Cheers guys, Donnie.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Belt & Buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer Belt & Buckle

Ben will probably know for sure but the eagle's legs don't have the detail that I like to see but it might just be the ware the buckle has thats throwing me off. It has seen a lot of use which forces you to look at the back and that eagle looks alright. I would have taken the chance on it also.
    Brandon

Hi Donnie and welcome to the forum, both buckle and belt are original, the buckle is by Dr Franke & Co, the eagle is very worn which makes the beak actually look similar to a fake which is around but yours is ok I have enclosed some pics of a Alu Dr Franke buckle for comparison, compare yours to mine and you will see they are the same, your belt is ok, I know from the hook, welcome on board
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Belt & Buckle   Heer Belt & Buckle  

Heer Belt & Buckle   Heer Belt & Buckle  

Ben

Yes, I don't see any problems either. Just heavily worn to the front. The pic of the leather shows the leather date/manufacturer stamp upside down....is it 1939?
    Nice score!

Rob

?

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies on the subject, i am glad this is original as my last buckle was a fake!. I agree it does say 1939 (sorry for the pic being upside down ).

Cheers, Donnie.

No worries! Nice set you got for yourself!

Rob