Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Buckle - fake?

Article about: Hey everyone, I was on my way home from buying some ammo, and passed this old junk shop on the highway. I poked around the junk and found this buried in the back. I had a feeling that it was

Question Heer Buckle - fake?

Hey everyone,

I was on my way home from buying some ammo, and passed this old junk shop on the highway. I poked around the junk and found this buried in the back. I had a feeling that it was fake but I just couldn't give it up(passed over an arisaka bayonet for it). I'm hoping it is real and someone just repainted it - it has traces of OD green in spots as well. I tried matching it against some of the other threads but a lot of the detail is worn away.

Thanks, John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Buckle - fake?   Heer Buckle - fake?  

Heer Buckle - fake?   Heer Buckle - fake?  

Heer Buckle - fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Buckle - fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Buckle - fake?

John, you were right, buckle is quite original but has been repainted at some point, maker probably C W Motz, Brandenburg, I have enclosed one for you to compare with ( the only two other makers it could be is J C Maedicke or Schmole & Comp) but look at the eagle and lettering, yours lends to the Motz buckle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Buckle - fake?   Heer Buckle - fake?  

Heer Buckle - fake?  
    Ben

Maedicke buckle, comparing how close these makers are (Maedicke & Motz) in location there is thought that at some point these two makers actually merged into one company (Brandenburg & Berlin)

Ben

Last but not least Schmole & Comp, similar to yours but if you look close the lettering is different

Ben

Phew, thank you. That makes me feel better. Another question - what should I use to take the paint off? Would regular paint thinner be too harsh on it? I don't know if it is worth keeping the poor paint job on at all.

looking at the back of the buckle it has dunkelgelb there is it poss it was issued to afrika coprs then repainted when posted back to europe could well be original paint if he was wounded or something

For me the paint is the wrong colour green, post war paint IMO
    Ben

yeah i think its probably post war however one never knows plenty or wartime shortages and they took whatever paint the ycould get their hands on just a suggestion based on the dunkelgelb underneath

Interesting point, thanks guys. I guess I'll just keep later scheme on it.