Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer buckle - help with maker.

Article about: I hesitated buying this buckle a couple weeks ago because of the rollbar and prongs looking shiny and the eagles head but when we traveled back to the antique shop today I brought a pic of a

Default Heer buckle - help with maker.

I hesitated buying this buckle a couple weeks ago because of the rollbar and prongs looking shiny and the eagles head but when we traveled back to the antique shop today I brought a pic of an Aurich and a batman fake with me to compare. Turns out it really does not look like either to me with its narrow neck and slightly larger curved beak. So I took a chance and bought it.

Any ideas on why the roller is so shiny and if this is an original buckle who the maker may be?
    Thank you,
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer buckle - help with maker.   Heer buckle - help with maker.  

Heer buckle - help with maker.   Heer buckle - help with maker.  

Heer buckle - help with maker.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer buckle - help with maker.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer buckle - help with maker.

Joe, the buckle is an original and by Hermann Aurich, typical Aurich eagle and the thin ears, ref the prongs they might have been replaced but hard to tell from the pics, have a look on the rear of the buckle around the eagle, you might see a maker mark and date, attached is an example of what to look for

- - Updated - -

Another makers mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer buckle - help with maker.   Heer buckle - help with maker.  

Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Joe, the buckle is an original and by Hermann Aurich, typical Aurich eagle and the thin ears, ref the prongs they might have been replaced but hard to tell from the pics, have a look on the rear of the buckle around the eagle, you might see a maker mark and date, attached is an example of what to look for

- - Updated - -

Another makers mark
    I have lightly wiped the buckle and there is the "H A" symbol as you point out. Thanks!
    Joe

Joe, have a good look, there should be a year date as well
    Ben