Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Buckle for review and help identifying mark

Article about: Purchased this buckle which I believe is authentic but could use some expert review. The marking on back is a bell shaped outline and a 41. Inside the bell appears to be a letter S or a 5 bu

Default Heer Buckle for review and help identifying mark

Purchased this buckle which I believe is authentic but could use some expert review. The marking on back is a bell shaped outline and a 41. Inside the bell appears to be a letter S or a 5 but can not make out other marks. I searched forum and could not find anything similar......or could be fake buckle with fantasy markings. Thanks for your time, Joe C.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Buckle for review and help identifying mark   Heer Buckle for review and help identifying mark  

Heer Buckle for review and help identifying mark   Heer Buckle for review and help identifying mark  

Heer Buckle for review and help identifying mark   Heer Buckle for review and help identifying mark  

Heer Buckle for review and help identifying mark  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Buckle for review and help identifying mark
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer Buckle for review and help identifying mark

Absolutely nothing wrong with your buckle....it's 100% legit. I'm sorry - I can't recall off hand the maker of the buckle , but the marking is an authentic stamp. My reference books are not within reach, yet I'm sure one of our many esteemed buckle collectors will be able to nail down the maker for you.
    No worries: your buckle is a good one! Looks good!!

Rob

Hi Joe, buckle is by Matthias Salcher & Söhne, Wagstadt and dated 1941, have a look in the M4 makers list there is one in there
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Hi Joe, buckle is by Matthias Salcher & Söhne, Wagstadt and dated 1941, have a look in the M4 makers list there is one in there
    Thanks a bunch Ben; I must have scrolled through the Sticky too fast- the mark o n the example is so clear. How does this manufacturers buckle rate amongst the others - is it more or less common than say an NH or OLC? I paid about the same as I have for others in my collection.

They are not as common as NH or OLC but you do find them for sale now and again
    Ben

BTW just to note when you look in the M4, Non M4 and SS makers list the highlighted names in the list on page one are what we have examples of
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    BTW just to note when you look in the M4, Non M4 and SS makers list the highlighted names in the list on page one are what we have examples of
    Thanks I saw that after you gave me the name but originally I did not know the maker and my book on buckles does not have an example of the bell shaped symbol or the Matthias Salcher & Söhne name listed in the M4/XX list. Thinking I made out an S.S. symbol in bell and a 41 date I thought it was an M4/41 buckle so looked for examples of that maker. Other than that I was unsure how to effectively search it out in the stickys.