Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Heer buckle: Silver c.t.d. 1943

Article about: Hi Chaps, here's my latest, a silver Christian Theodor Dicke (Ludensheid) dated 1943. Question : - Why silver painted? Was it used as a 'walking out' buckle? Cheers, Richard.

Default Heer buckle: Silver c.t.d. 1943

Hi Chaps, here's my latest, a silver Christian Theodor Dicke (Ludensheid) dated 1943.

Question : - Why silver painted? Was it used as a 'walking out' buckle?

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer buckle: Silver c.t.d. 1943   Heer buckle: Silver c.t.d. 1943  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer buckle: Silver c.t.d. 1943
    P
    Many

Default re: Heer buckle: Silver c.t.d. 1943

Hi Richard, nice buckle my friend, Overhoff did the same thing with their late Heer buckles, could have been that was the only paint available, or could have been walking out. there is also the late war blue buckles that alot of makers started to use on the 43/44 period buckles. Hopefully one day information will turn up and give us our answer
    Ben

Hi Ben, yeah it's a bit of a mystery. Of course it does mimic the colour of SS buckles, perhaps they were making SS & Heer at the same time & just used the same paint? Cheers, Richard.

Quote by DUJAILAH View Post
    Hi Ben, yeah it's a bit of a mystery. Of course it does mimic the colour of SS buckles, perhaps they were making SS & Heer at the same time & just used the same paint? Cheers, Richard.
    Yes mate, look the late war Overhoff for example, maybe one day we will know
    Ben

Default Re: Heer buckle: Silver c.t.d. 1943

Hi Chaps, I thought I'd add my latest to this thread as is back up the discussion. As you can see it's a dark green C.T.D. dated 1943. This shows they were producing different colour buckles at the same time. Silver for parade & dark green for combat? Who knows; but I think it's possible,

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer buckle: Silver c.t.d. 1943   Heer buckle: Silver c.t.d. 1943  

Heer buckle: Silver c.t.d. 1943  

Nice buckle Richard, another nice one for your collection
    Ben

Cheers Ben