Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Buckle trade for "Minty, Early droop tail" Luftwaffe Buckle

Article about: Hi, all. Someone I don't know very well was interested in trading his unmarked Luftwaffe buckle pictured first here for my heer buckle pictured below. He describes the Luft buckle as minty a

Question Heer Buckle trade for "Minty, Early droop tail" Luftwaffe Buckle

Hi, all. Someone I don't know very well was interested in trading his unmarked Luftwaffe buckle pictured first here for my heer buckle pictured below. He describes the Luft buckle as minty and with an early drooped tail design (from 1935 he thinks.) It wouldn't be an even trade, but my heer buckle + $25 USD. I figure my buckle is worth around $75 so this would make his worth around $100? Really curious if you guys think this is a good trade or not? He's a good friend of a good friend so I believe he's honest and that it's authentic. I saw a picture online of an original buckle that looked like this and it legitimate.

Any thoughts or opinions are really appreciated.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Buckle trade for "Minty, Early droop tail" Luftwaffe Buckle   Heer Buckle trade for "Minty, Early droop tail" Luftwaffe Buckle  

Heer Buckle trade for "Minty, Early droop tail" Luftwaffe Buckle   Heer Buckle trade for "Minty, Early droop tail" Luftwaffe Buckle  

Heer Buckle trade for "Minty, Early droop tail" Luftwaffe Buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Buckle trade for "Minty, Early droop tail" Luftwaffe Buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer Buckle trade for "Minty, Early droop tail" Luftwaffe Buckle

IMO I would keep the Heer buckle. Aluminium buckles with that much paint on are very hard to get hold and in my eyes worth more than the crank catch Lufte. If you want my advice keep hold of the Heer, but that is what I do, others may do the opposite
    Ben

Default Re: Heer Buckle trade for "Minty, Early droop tail" Luftwaffe Buckle

I tend to agree with Ben...that lufty is nice and the crank catch is harder to find - but they are out there.....much harder to find an early alum. heer buckle with the paint remaining on it. Took me a LONG time to find one! Again - this is just my opinion....
    Cheers!
    Rob