Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Heer buckle Wilhelm Binder

Article about: Hello. Especially for Ben, open a new topic. Are you Heer buckle Wilhelm Binder, Schwäbisch Gmünd. I think it is not very frequent in the list of manufacturers. The eagle looks very stern.

If you want to change the picture in your database.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

I have often wondered and tried to decipher this symbol, as opposed to the seen makers marks that initialize their buckles ie; " GB " Gustav Brehmer "A" Assman and others.. The earlier Richard Sieper and Sohns used diamonds not unlike this... But of course with a different motif...G
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Maybe it's something personal??? We hardly know the truth.

?

Quote by zeppelin View Post
    Maybe it's something personal??? We hardly know the truth.
    I agree... We may never know for sure... Still... A nice and unmistakable marking seldom seen IMO... I have not collected Heer buckle's for awhile unless a piece like yours would have crossed my path so to speak.
    Congrats again... !! G

Thanks, its my pleasure good luck.

Quote by Gwar View Post
    I have often wondered and tried to decipher this symbol, as opposed to the seen makers marks that initialize their buckles ie; " GB " Gustav Brehmer "A" Assman and others.. The earlier Richard Sieper and Sohns used diamonds not unlike this... But of course with a different motif...G
    This is very interesting so I will try to do some research. It seems like Wilhelm Binder did silverware and then used what they called the "Floreat" trademark:
    Here is the symol with the word Floreat, so it seems like the symbol is some kind of "F"
    Name:  OSKARANSWER5BIS.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  16.0 KB

Name:  bildmarke_floreat.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  9.2 KB

Scroll down and read, you maybe understand a little bit more then me about the symbol
    ASCAS Association of Small Collectors of Antique Silver - Newsletter #104

And here is something, but I cant understand what the word "Floreat" means....
    Mikrolisk - The horological trade mark index

EDIT: Floreat = Flourish in Latin... and it looks like Wilhelm liked flowers?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sdei6q.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	949994

?

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    This is very interesting so I will try to do some research. It seems like Wilhelm Binder did silverware and then used what they called the "Floreat" trademark:
    Here is the symol with the word Floreat, so it seems like the symbol is some kind of "F"

Scroll down and read, you maybe understand a little bit more then me about the symbol
    Kenny, This extraordinary information is well done on your part.. Great detective work... G

Thanks man, and I edited so I think we maybe can solve this thing!!

?

Thanks man, and I edited so I think we maybe can solve this thing!!
    I think we should start a new thread and not "Hijack" Zeps thread... Will that be "Okay" with you... I will post my example in a few minutes... Please post your information their if possible... Very good info !!

?

Excellent work Kenny

Name:  bildmarke_floreat.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  9.2 KB

And here is something, but I cant understand what the word "Floreat" means....
    Mikrolisk - The horological trade mark index

EDIT: Floreat = Flourish in Latin... and it looks like Wilhelm liked flowers?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sdei6q.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	949994

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast