Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Heer Officer's Belt Buckle

Article about: I recently purchased a Heer Oberleutenant's tunic and have been looking for the corresponding pants, belt, boots, etc. to turn it into a complete uniform. I believe this style of belt would

Default Heer Officer's Belt Buckle

I recently purchased a Heer Oberleutenant's tunic and have been looking for the corresponding pants, belt, boots, etc. to turn it into a complete uniform. I believe this style of belt would be corresponding to the tunic; however, I dont know much about these and would love to get some opinions and info on this. Its selling on: Heer/Luftwaffe Officers Wide Brown Leather Belt , Military Antiques Stockholm which I know is a trusted site, but for peace of mind I'd really appreicate some other opinions on it, thanks!

Heer Officer's Belt BuckleHeer Officer's Belt BuckleHeer Officer's Belt Buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Officer's Belt Buckle
    P
    Many

Just realized this just sold, guess I'll have to continue searching for another

Hello,
    Offiziere belts are more tricky than most people think. They come in three widths, 45, 50 and 55 mm.
    Most belt loops on holsters do accept the 45 and 50 mm, but not the 55 mm.
    Please, also consider that from 1939 to 1943, Offiziere at the front wore the EM/NCOs black belt (43 to 45 mm).
    This one is a nice Heer belt for Officers, it should be a 45 or 50 mm
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Offiziere belts are more tricky than most people think. They come in three widths, 45, 50 and 55 mm.
    Most belt loops on holsters do accept the 45 and 50 mm, but not the 55 mm.
    Please, also consider that from 1939 to 1943, Offiziere at the front wore the EM/NCOs black belt (43 to 45 mm).
    This one is a nice Heer belt for Officers, it should be a 45 or 50 mm
    Thanks
    Thanks for the information! So would officer's at the front wear the standard Heer EM/NCO belt buckle? Or just the belt?

too bad, but keep these infos for the next time...
    They wore the belt and buckle of course....for concealment purpose...in conjonction with a EM/NCOs Feldbluse and sometimes regulation marching boots...some even carried ammo pouches and a K98k...always for the same purpose, looking like the usual Landser
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)