Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed: Fake buckle or rare item?

Article about: This buckle with the eagle facing (our) left looks nice but... I have a sneaky feeling that this could be a fake. Can anyone help as I still don't have the experience or confidence to make t

?

Default Help needed: Fake buckle or rare item?

This buckle with the eagle facing (our) left looks nice but... I have a sneaky feeling that this could be a fake. Can anyone help as I still don't have the experience or confidence to make this decision myself?
    Thanks a lot... Hansi
    Attached Images Attached Images Help needed: Fake buckle or rare item?  Help needed: Fake buckle or rare item?  Help needed: Fake buckle or rare item? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help needed: Fake buckle or rare item?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help needed: Fake buckle or rare item?

Mate,

Original post war Bundswehr buckle, much larger than its wartime counterpart.

Regards

Jock

?

Thanks a lot for your fast response Jock... shame about that but at least I had a 'feeling' that it wasn't quite right... my first steps to becoming an expert!!
    Cheers... Hansi

?

Hansi, there is nothing wrong with this German Bundeswehr buckle apart from the fact it is not WWII, just as written by Jock.

They are not worth much. I bought once some of them in bunch for Euro 1 each!

Regards,
    Guido

?

Thanks Guido... you're dead right, nothing wrong with it at all, and it's a nice buckle in its own right but... without that WW11 connection it just doesn't seem to give me that tingle...
    Cheers and thanks for your help... Hansi

I got into German belt buckles - collecting any and all types.....these also deserve a place in any buckle collection. ....and you can't beat the price!

Cheers!

Rob

?

Quote by lach470 View Post
    these also deserve a place in any buckle collection. ....and you can't beat the price!

Cheers!

Rob
    I do agree! Also, these too come in subtle variations such as different finishes, maker marks etc. Only to be expected as they have been around since 1960. It'll be a while until they make investment grade though. I have kept the buckle I was issued when doing my national service in 1987/88, and it has pride of place in what I fondly but optimistically call my "collection".

Best regards
    Kurt