Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Buckle With Variation Catch (RZM M4/42)

Article about: Hello All, Here is what I think is a very unique and hard to find HJ buckle, RZM marked M4/42 for Hermann Aurich, Dresden and complete with RZM tag. This buckle is interesting by way of the

Default HJ Buckle With Variation Catch (RZM M4/42)

Hello All,

Here is what I think is a very unique and hard to find HJ buckle, RZM marked M4/42 for Hermann Aurich, Dresden and complete with RZM tag. This buckle is interesting by way of the variation catch and placement of the markings inside the diamond which was outside of RZM regulations. This location of the RZM markings is also seen on the steel HJ buckle by RZM M5/276 (Klein & Quenzer.)

It is interesting to note that this buckle (which has been questioned before itself) very closely resembles one of the most notorious fake HJ buckles which many collectors and dealers still get caught out by. For comparison, I will reply with an attachment of photos of this fake steel HJ buckle that displays early Assmann markings under the pin shroud which would be improper for this later type of buckle manufacture.

Hope this may be of some interest and of course any and all comments are most welcome

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Buckle With Variation Catch (RZM M4/42)   HJ Buckle With Variation Catch (RZM M4/42)  

HJ Buckle With Variation Catch (RZM M4/42)  
    Last edited by aechols83; 06-29-2011 at 02:53 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Buckle With Variation Catch (RZM M4/42)
    P
    Many

Default Re: HJ Buckle With Variation Catch (RZM M4/42)

Fake HJ for comparison...
    Attached Images Attached Images HJ Buckle With Variation Catch (RZM M4/42)  HJ Buckle With Variation Catch (RZM M4/42)  HJ Buckle With Variation Catch (RZM M4/42) 

Great looking buckle! Love the tag!! I have yet to add one with a tag to my collection! That said - I do have a M4/42....Here are some pics for comparison! Great looking buckle by the way - These are nice as they have many different characteristics!

Cheers!
    Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Buckle With Variation Catch (RZM M4/42)   HJ Buckle With Variation Catch (RZM M4/42)  

Attached Images Attached Images HJ Buckle With Variation Catch (RZM M4/42)  HJ Buckle With Variation Catch (RZM M4/42)  HJ Buckle With Variation Catch (RZM M4/42) 

A very interesting thread Adam and I agree with everything that you say.

Perhaps it is not overly well known that Aurich produced a steel HJ and complete with their very distinctive "crank" catch, however applied in a more orthodox form, the RZM M4/42 mark.

Regards,

David

?

Very nice buckles shown here, guys!

I like also this type of catch and the way Aurich has twisted the metal. Incredible how close the crank catch on the fake buckle is to the original one by Aurich! Many discussions about the original Aurich HJ end with a thumb down and this shows how good fakers have done their job!

Best,
    Guido

?

I have come across several of these buckle on the forums all with very close numbers on the RZM tags. Someone must have liberated a box of these.

Dear Kirby

I hold one of these Aurich HJ's which displays the RZM tax label having a 1 digit difference to yours!

Regards,

David

Very interesting and much appreciated responses, guys. How funny... David and Kirby's buckles must have been right next to each other in the same box of liberated buckles David, I have never seen that more "orthodox" lip placement of the markings on one of these buckles... Much less common it would seem!

Best,
    Adam