Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I traded a helmet for some Heer buckles!

Article about: Hello, i think the prussian buckle is not WW1 made, but a private purchase one made in the 20's and 30's for veterans The catalogs of various makers show that kind of buckles along with TR o

Default I traded a helmet for some Heer buckles!

I am starting to really get into belt buckle collecting (thanks to Ben Evans:P) and I rather have them then helmets. I had a poor condition WWI German Helmet that I had gotten for $150, and decided I wanted to trade with a local shop keeper for some buckles. I think I did fairly well with the trade considering I got three neat buckles. The first two are Heer buckles made by the same maker. They both have the same stamps, R. S. & S., and they were both made in Ludenscheid, but I can't actually read the makers name on the tabs. I love that the 1938 buckle has the initials H H etched into the leather! The third buckle is a standard german WWI enlisted mans buckle. I'm curious as to what you guys think about the trade I made, and was wondering if yous can tell me any information about the buckles, like who the maker was. I'm also including pictures of the helmet that I traded as well.

Thank you all and I hope to hear from you guys!

-Sean

P.S. I hope to hear from Ben Evans, kirby, Gunny Hartmann, Gwar, harryamb2, weller, and Erno!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	226.9 KB 
ID:	724165   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	31 
Size:	221.5 KB 
ID:	724166  

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	21 
Size:	224.7 KB 
ID:	724167   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	27 
Size:	225.3 KB 
ID:	724168  

Views:	25 
Size:	220.9 KB 
ID:	724169   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	37 
Size:	223.3 KB 
ID:	724170  

Views:	24 
Size:	222.7 KB 
ID:	724171   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	24 
Size:	225.3 KB 
ID:	724172  

Views:	27 
Size:	224.0 KB 
ID:	724173   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	31 
Size:	222.5 KB 
ID:	724174  

Views:	20 
Size:	157.1 KB 
ID:	724175   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	28 
Size:	158.6 KB 
ID:	724176  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

All nice buckles. And I had one helmet and one WWI buckle before I found this forum in Jan-2014...get ready, it's addicting

Those buckles for that helmet is a deal!

Jeff

Quote by weller View Post
    All nice buckles. And I had one helmet and one WWI buckle before I found this forum in Jan-2014...get ready, it's addicting

Those buckles for that helmet is a deal!

Jeff
    I started seriously collecting about a month ago and have acquired, a single decal Luftwaffe M40 helmet, a Feuerschutzpolzei sidecap, a Feuerschutzpolizei buckle, a NSDAP printed armband, a Civil Service armband, a Hitler Youth armband, a carbon monoxide testing kit, a wound badge, three Heer buckles, an WWI Imperial German buckle, and a set of Heer unused decals. I could definitely say in addicted to this stuff.

Thanks for the quick response Jeff!

?

Those are some nice buckles! I really like the aluminum Heer, which retains a lot of its original paint. I don't know what the helmet is worth, but I think it was a good trade. The maker of both WWII Heer buckles is Richard Sieper & Söhne.

Quote by Erno View Post
    Those are some nice buckles! I really like the aluminum Heer, which retains a lot of its original paint. I don't know what the helmet is worth, but I think it was a good trade. The maker of both WWII Heer buckles is Richard Sieper & Söhne.
    Thanks Erno!

You did okay nice buckles they are addicting. timothy

?

You did very well. I would have traded the helmet straight across for the pebbled RS&S.

Thanks timothy and kirby! I love them

?

There is always that great feeling of having an object that you admire and value in your hands and it belongs to you.
    I think you made a great trade buddy.

Sean, I think you did well to be honest, the aluminium Seiper buckle is the star of the show though. Aluminium buckles are hard to come by with their paint still on due to they wore down very quickly, that example still has a fair amount of paint on it so to me very nice. The steel one is also very nice again in good condition. The Imperial buckle worries me to be honest, I dont like the flattened ends of the prongs. Hard to tell from the pics, I have not seen angle cut prong ends on imperial buckles before! The deal is still good, I echo Kirby,s comments, I would have traded for the Aluminium buckle on its own Just for your learning purposes on early alu buckles by Seiper some were double marked, they had the early markings under the prong sleeve as well as the later one by the catch
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M4_38 Aluminium  Richard Sieper & Sohne 1936  Front.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	123.7 KB 
ID:	724198   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M4_38 Aluminium  Richard Sieper & Sohne 1936  Maker 1.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	724199  

Name:	M4_38 Aluminium  Richard Sieper & Sohne 1936  Makers 2.JPG 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	724200   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M4_38 Aluminium  Richard Sieper & Sohne 1936  Rear.JPG 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	724201  

Name:	M4_38 Aluminium  Richard Sieper & Sohne 1936  Tab.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	131.2 KB 
ID:	724202  
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast