Information on buckle, please?

Article about: Hello all, could anyone please give me information on this buckle, first if its good or not, and second what kind of personnel would wear an item like this. As I purchase items, I like to wr

Default Information on buckle, please?

Hello all, could anyone please give me information on this buckle, first if its good or not, and second what kind of personnel would wear an item like this. As I purchase items, I like to write about the item for my display. I have seen many buckles like this, but do not know the proper name and place for it. Thanks for your time. Brian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	262.7 KB 
ID:	178859   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	260.0 KB 
ID:	178860  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	260.5 KB 
ID:	178861  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Information on buckle, please?

Brian, your buckle is original!

It was mainly used in the Wehrmacht - Heer (Army) and the date of generally introduction is 1936. Steel Heer buckles like yours were produced from 1940 to 1945. Some fieldgrey units of the Wehrmacht - Kriegsmarine (for instance coastal artillery) wore also these buckles.

Hope this helps!

Best,
    Guido

Brian, just to add what my learned friend Guido has already told you maker is B Haarmann or Noelle & Hueck, I will have a closer look later and tell you which one, bit busy at mo
    Ben

As my last thread B Haarmann
    Ben

Excellent help, Guido and Ben, thank you for your help on this buckle. Its my first one (but not last!!) and I love knowing the history behind these items. Its people like you who make this forum fun and fascinating, especially for a person just starting out in his collecting. Thanks for your time!! Brian