Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

julius kremps buckle marked IKA41 with tab

Article about: Antique trip last week found the attached buckle. Buckle is steel with some remaining paint. marked IKA41 and the shortened tab has the JUL.KREMPS portion of mark visible. Dealer had it orig

Default julius kremps buckle marked IKA41 with tab

Antique trip last week found the attached buckle. Buckle is steel with some remaining paint. marked IKA41 and the shortened tab has the JUL.KREMPS portion of mark visible. Dealer had it originally marked $75.00 but was running a sale of 30% off so I took a chance and bought it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture julius kremps buckle marked IKA41 with tab   julius kremps buckle marked IKA41 with tab  

julius kremps buckle marked IKA41 with tab   julius kremps buckle marked IKA41 with tab  

julius kremps buckle marked IKA41 with tab   julius kremps buckle marked IKA41 with tab  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement julius kremps buckle marked IKA41 with tab
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: julius kremps buckle marked IKA41 with tab

I think this one would work better with the belt you bought than the dress buckle. It look more like a combat belt than a dress belt.

Nice buckle Joe, no change from your email
    Ben

Quote by kirby View Post
    I think this one would work better with the belt you bought than the dress buckle. It look more like a combat belt than a dress belt.
    Are you referring to the belt I got with the zinc two piece buckle? what is difference between a "parade" buckle and a combat buckle and same question for belts?

?

Dress belts are usually patent leather and sometime backed with material.

I tried to put the steel buckle onto the belt but the leather tab made it difficult to slide over the belt. But I do see how it looks like they go together better.

Would you say the two piece zinc buckle is not a combat buckle?
    Quote by kirby View Post

?

The four tab buckles are private purchase buckles. You would use it with your waffenrock. The combat belt and buckle has to to be more heavy duty Ammo pouches, bayonet, breadbag, canteen ect.

Joe, have a gander at this thread, it may explain a little about belts

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...ls-fakes-5102/
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Joe, have a gander at this thread, it may explain a little about belts

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...ls-fakes-5102/
    Thank you Ben. I see how it goes together but for some reason the spacing between the buckle pin/leather tab is too tight to push both pieces of the belt through it; almost cracked the belt tongue. I will try to get another belt for the IKA marked buckle.

Which belt is it Joe? If that is the case the belt tongue or even belt could be post war, they were not the same size!
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast