Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A little rough, but real.

Article about: Coming up for auction in April. I have examined it in hand. The belt leather has been extended, maybe period, but certainly a long time ago. Cheers, Ade.

Default A little rough, but real.

Coming up for auction in April.

I have examined it in hand. The belt leather has been extended, maybe period, but certainly a long time ago.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A little rough, but real.   A little rough, but real.  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A little rough, but real.
    P
    Many

Yup a bit rough but i like it!...

?

Everything looks good but the tab is sewn on with the wrong side out. Who is the maker?

Will be interesting to see what the maker on the tab is Ade, the buckle looks like a M4/44 Cramer buckle with a different tab sewn on to it, any chance of rear pics that show the whole buckle
    Ben

Ade any chance of a picture of the rear of the buckle away from the belt?, I have had a good look at the buckle, it could be as I stated a M4/44 made buckle (look at the front comparison) the distinct flat head of the eagle is quite unusual, the only two makers that I know did this it Cramer and Gbr Gloerfeld. The Gloerfeld buckle is close but if you look it is not that and I have only seen them in aluminium.

What does concern me is the addition on the tab that is not original to the buckle and the ears, they are nothing like the Cramer buckle and actually do resemble ones on some fake buckles.

- - ------- - -

Gbr Gloerfeld buckle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A little rough, but real.   A little rough, but real.  

A little rough, but real.   A little rough, but real.  

A little rough, but real.  
    Ben

Hi Ben, here is the back.

Cheers, Ade.

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, the tab is a Seiper tab and the buckle aint a Seiper buckle soi that was added at some point, period added who knows, I would say the buckle looks like an unmarked Cramer buckle, compare the rear pics, shape of eagles head, the catch
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A little rough, but real.  
    Ben

Together for reference
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A little rough, but real.  
    Ben

Hi Ben, glad it has proved to be a talking point.

I suspect the tab was added well post war.

It came with a black painted Swiss helmet with a fake Luftschutze decal.

Cheers, Ade.

Have a close look at the stitching Ade, if its three ply and the wear is consistent it might have been period applied as some soldiers did this but whoever did it put the tab on the wrong way around.
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast