Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Minty 1940 steel buckle

Article about: Hey gang! I was able to acquire some buckles today at a local militaria show after helping a dealer/seller with prices and authenticity for buckles that he had. In helping him out, I was abl

Default Minty 1940 steel buckle

Hey gang! I was able to acquire some buckles today at a local militaria show after helping a dealer/seller with prices and authenticity for buckles that he had. In helping him out, I was able to get "first kick at the can" in terms of the buckles he had in stock....here's the first of three that I was able to purchase.

I have steel painted Heer buckles - but this is by far the nicest I've had a chance to come across....It was a must!

1940 dated example (first year these were introduced!) Not sure if this one was actually ever used. Some paint scuffs on the edges but the tab is stone mint!!

Here are some pics.....Tab info matches the markings on the reverse of the buckle. Quite happy to have this one added to the collection!

Cheers!
    Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Minty 1940 steel buckle   Minty 1940 steel buckle  

Minty 1940 steel buckle   Minty 1940 steel buckle  

Attached Images Attached Images Minty 1940 steel buckle 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Minty 1940 steel buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Minty 1940 steel buckle

Hey Rob, very nice and typical Salcher buckle, the tab reversed, so typical of this maker, nice buckle mate
    Ben

I like that one too!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Thanks guys! Hey Ben....that's cool about the tab. I did realize it was backwards but was not aware that it was a common occurance with this maker! Neat!

Rob

What a great buckle. Nice one Rob, Cheers, Richard.

Thank you Richard! Glad you like it buddy. I was hoping to eventually acquire a minty steel example. I'm glad this one crossed my path!

Rob