Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need some help with some buckles....

Article about: I was just given the opportunity to look at some buckles but I really don't know much about them. I'll post the others as soon as I get pictures of them. Is this one real? I'll get the other

?

Default Need some help with some buckles....

I was just given the opportunity to look at some buckles but I really don't know much about them. I'll post the others as soon as I get pictures of them. Is this one real? I'll get the other buckles up asap.Need some help with some buckles....Need some help with some buckles....Need some help with some buckles....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need some help with some buckles....
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need some help with some buckles....

Wehrmacht-Heer is not really the area of collecting I have gotten into but I believe this first buckle shown is a quite original and nice example by Richard Sieper & Söhne, Lüdenscheid. Ben is your man for these and will have your definitive answer

Best,
    Adam

very nice buckle with tab

Original buckle by R Seiper but interestingly enough the eagle on this one does not look like the standard steel Heer eagle you find on Seiper buckles but the eagle on a KM Seiper buckle, but it is fine anyway, nice buckle
    Ben

Here is a Seiper Gold KM buckle
    Attached Images Attached Images Need some help with some buckles.... 
    Ben

This is an average steel Heer Seiper buckle
    Attached Images Attached Images Need some help with some buckles....  Need some help with some buckles....  Need some help with some buckles.... 
    Ben

Great looking buckle! Nothing wrong there!

Rob

?

Thanks for the help guys. I'll get the other buckles posted here shortly. I have seen a lot of these leather tabs on the Army buckles. What was the purpose of them?

Ben,

I'll get you a closer picture of the eagle's head tonight.

The leather "support" tab was meant to take/compensate the weight of the ammo pouch, in reality it did not nothing really, the order for manufacturers to stop using leather support tabs was given in 1942, that why most buckles you see have tabs with dates up to 1942 and after that just the buckle. There are some 1943 dated tabbed buckles around, mainly police buckles made by Christian Theodore Dicke, however I have seen 1943 dated Km buckles by Schmole & Comp, I would love to find a 1943 dated Heer buckle Hope this helps a wee bit
    Ben