Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New Gott Mit Uns Steel buckle

Article about: Hi all - I am starting to collect and have this as my first buckle purchase. It has a marking under the catch, either E S or B S (with something in between the letters), with a 40 beneath. T

Default Ernst Schneider Gott Mit Uns Steel buckle

Hi all - I am starting to collect and have this as my first buckle purchase. It has a marking under the catch, either E S or B S (with something in between the letters), with a 40 beneath. There is paint in the way and it's hard to read.

New Gott Mit Uns Steel buckleNew Gott Mit Uns Steel buckle

It's rusty, there is some apparently original paint remaining, and when I get my jewelers loupe I may be able to make out the makers mark. Thanks for any comments. Roger

New Gott Mit Uns Steel buckle

Search through the makers and found it. Ernst Schneider, Lutenscheid, 1940. Thanks to Mr. Ben Evans!

Here is the best I can do of any maker mark. Any ideas.
    Last edited by roger9344; 01-01-2011 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Added picture of makers mark; identified

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Gott Mit Uns Steel buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: New Gott Mit Uns Steel buckle

a nice heer buckle that you've got there to start off a buckle collection

Regards,
    Finn

Thanks. Years ago I had a nice HJ buckle which along with the companion pieces was lost, so I am going to start all over again. I bought 5 items, and so far they all appear to be legitimate WW2 examples. I looked at repros but decided that real is the way to go. Just means slower going.

I added a picture of the makers mark. Anyone have any ideas about identification?

Regards,
    Roger
    Last edited by roger9344; 12-31-2010 at 09:09 PM. Reason: new information

?

Congratulations, Roger!
    Your first belt buckle is a nice worn original and you found it already out that it was produced by Ernst Schneider of Lüdenscheid

Best,
    Guido

A Happy New Year to All!

Welcome to the wonderful world of buckle collecting! Careful: it's quite addictive but SO fun! Welcome to the forum. Hope you continue to seek out and find more of these wonderful little buckles to add to your collection. You are off to a great start with that ESL buckle.
    Congrats!

Rob

Roger, welcome to the buckle forum, like the guys have already stated nice original buckle by Ernst Schneider Ludenscheid dated 1940
    Ben