Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nickle plated B&n 42 Heer

Article about: Just in, nickle plated B&N 42 Heer. Lovely shine to it, pics don't do it justice. So, this will be nickle plated over steel and parade use but did the soldier buy the buckle like this, d

Default Nickle plated B&n 42 Heer

Just in, nickle plated B&N 42 Heer. Lovely shine to it, pics don't do it justice. So, this will be nickle plated over steel and parade use but did the soldier buy the buckle like this, did the manufacturer nickle plate it or was it done personally in small workshops or whatever?

Also, the prongs almost look a bit like reverse cut fake OLT prongs????
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nickle plated B&n 42 Heer   Nickle plated B&n 42 Heer  

Nickle plated B&n 42 Heer  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nickle plated B&n 42 Heer
    P
    Many

Nice buckle Lenny, in ref to the plating probably done by the soldier private purchase or could have been done post war, who really knows! In ref to the prongs this is quite common with Nolte buckles, I have done an article in the past with these prongs. I am at work at moment but will trawl through the Heer threads and find examples to post for example to show the prongs
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Nice buckle Lenny, in ref to the plating probably done by the soldier private purchase or could have been done post war, who really knows! In ref to the prongs this is quite common with Nolte buckles, I have done an article in the past with these prongs. I am at work at moment but will trawl through the Heer threads and find examples to post for example to show the prongs
    Cheers Ben, I quite like it. It came with the RODO from that bulk lot I was offered. I didn't have to take them all at one time so just picking them off when I can. (ignoring the fake Luft and SA) They are more or less held for me. I've had a HJ, DJ and the RODO and this B&N, shortly will have the mint parade heer and RAD.

Here we got, have a look at the prongs
    Attached Images Attached Images Nickle plated B&n 42 Heer  Nickle plated B&n 42 Heer  Nickle plated B&n 42 Heer 
    Ben

Boy that was quick mate, thanks for that.... Yes, see what you mean, funny that. Another lesson learned...

Mate we all never stop learning
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Mate we all never stop learning
    That's what I love about collecting militaria, and really enjoying the buckles. There is SO much variation and types to collect...

I think that these buckle was definitely nickle plated after the WW2.

It is a 1942, and TR running out of material, especially those who are more expensive, such as nickel.
    After all, why would a soldier trying to edit his own buckle, looks to looks like parade?
    On the battlefield these buckle would definitely glowed, and 1942 is still possible to find parade buckles.
    Also the process of nickel, in these time was very expensive.
    Someone's stripped buckle color or rust mechanically, so nickle surface looks very ugly.

I forgot to add.
    Nickle plated is only the front of the buckle, and buckle prongs.
    Because these, prongs look strange - they had to be taken out of the buckle, before the nickle process.

Nordland
    Last edited by Nordland14; 08-08-2013 at 07:46 PM.