Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Olive drab buckle... Heer?? what?

Article about: I've poked around on this forum's FAQ as well as elsewhere and don't find any "olive drab" colored buckles so what is this?? Common? scarce? comments appreciated.... regards, mitch

Default Olive drab buckle... Heer?? what?

I've poked around on this forum's FAQ as well as elsewhere and don't find any "olive drab" colored buckles so what is this?? Common? scarce?

comments appreciated....

regards,
    mitch

A few more pix: heer buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Olive drab buckle... Heer?? what?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Olive drab buckle... Heer?? what?

Mitch, its just a standard Heer buckle, not all makers had the same coloured paint for their buckles with various shades. Hope this makes sense?
    Ben

Very cool! thanks Ben!

So... some black, some blue etc. nothing unusual here I take it. And, as I learn't from the faq... must be a late 44 - 45ish buckle as it has (per military procurement orders/specifications?) no leather tab.... so's to save on "leather".

I think many of the later buckles had the leather tabs but they were lost or cut off for some reason post war? All Heer buckles that I know of were either not painted or painted a shade of green. Most buckles now appear that they were not painted because the paint wears of the front if you look at the back of most buckles some paint still remains. Here are my two they mainly only have paint on the back the rest is worn off
    -https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-buckles-3-reich/2-heer-buckles-im-thinking-purchasing-176211/

Any other color of paint would be postwar besides green (black blue etc), the various shades the other Ben mention are simply different shades of "green" some have a brown tint. I am new to buckles as well so I would wait for Ben Evans to clear this up.
    -Ben

By the way is this your buckle? It appears to be in very good shape

Oh yes, mine.... I have only three: two of these (the other has NO finsish left) and one Postschutz with a 1933 tab.

I've heard these are rather valuble and scarce...

(Are we, simple/basic members, allowed to ask what we think other forumites think items might be worth? or is it against forum rules?)
    Last edited by rynegold; 05-11-2012 at 11:48 AM.

I have never seen one of those so I imagine they are rare or post war? but I am a novice to collecting German. I do like the look of it though it reminds me of a Reichswehr buckle - https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...uckles-152932/

(I know many members discourage giving prices because many people join this site to find out information one one Item and then sell it without ever returning to the site. Therefore the site and its members made a lot of money for a random person who does not intend to give back to the forum with their knowledge or at least a portion of the profit to help keep this amazing site going. So if you intend on staying and dont abuse the site Im sure other members would be glad to help you.
    [ This is all my opinion from observations by the way ] )
    Here is an example of a "drive by appraisal" https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/belt-...buckle-177325/

Could you post a picture of the back and whole buckle / tab for reference and easier identification? thanks
    -Ben

Here is the answer to the value roughly according to this site -$1,132
    The Collector's Guild
    This looks like it is the same maker as yours and there appears to be a few variations of this buckle.

I learned something new = The Postschutz (Postal Protection) organization was established in March 1933 as a uniformed organization tasked with the security of the national postal and telecommunications systems. Personnel were mainly recruited from the Polizei, the SA, and the SS. The Postschutz was controlled and administered by the Postmaster General’s Office, until March 1942, when it became subordinate to the Allgemeine SS

Info taken from the site posted above
    P.S. I will trade you one of my new pebbled heer buckles for this postshutz example if it turns out to be real...

-Ben

?

There was a thread on a photo album detailing a member of the postschutz.....very nice looking buckle!!!

I will have to find that it sounds interesting. I never new the unit existed before today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast