Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Opinion on Heer Buckle!

Article about: Hi guys, has anyone got any opinions on this buckle, think about the recent threads I have done can anyone give me an opinion about this buckle, answers on a post card please

Default Opinion on Heer Buckle!

Hi guys, has anyone got any opinions on this buckle, think about the recent threads I have done can anyone give me an opinion about this buckle, answers on a post card please
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion on Heer Buckle!   Opinion on Heer Buckle!  

Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on Heer Buckle!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Opinion on Buckle!

Hi Ben, the dates a bit early for a steel buckle, isn't it? The navy marking looks a bit odd as does the stitching. Original buckle matched up with a an original 'tarted up' tab? Is that right? Cheers, Richard.

Mmmm interesting lets see if we get a few more opinions before I tell you what I think
    Ben

I am trying to get some knowledge about the SS buckels....
    ...I can't do them all...at once!!
    But , I was also thinking in the direction Richard is.
    And thise because you posted the treath, otherwise...I don't think it would attract my attention. .... exept for the stitching and the fact that a KM should be gold ...to me ...
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Hey Ben - interesting buckle. Yes, that date is a red flag no? Still making the pebbled alum buckles in '39 I thought. Also - what does that stitching look like up close? Looks kind of "white". I've also taken note of the KM stamp on the TAB - which would greatly increase the value of this otherwise reg. issue steel buckle. Who's the maker on the tab? Does the buckle match the maker?
    Interesting.....

Rob

Rob, click on the pictures and they will enlarge, the tab is a Assmann tab with a 1939 date stamped in the middle
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    ....the tab is a Assmann tab ....
    ...and a Gustav Brehmer box..?
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I would say real buckle - but not a real tab....didn't Assmann date stamp their tabs with the date outside the circle????

Rob

Well done guys, you all got bits of it, my opinion is that the buckle is genuine (I know it is) I need a straight on view but it is probably a H Arld or Brehmer, but the catch is not right for a Brehmer, like I said I would like a front on view. I dont like the tab, the stitching is wrong, it is too white for the aged look of the tab, I dont like the KM eagle and the date should be outside of the oval as per normal Assmann buckles. I found a site a while ago that where advertising these fake Assmann tabs for sale but I cannot find it. I have enclsoed a genuine Assmann steel buckle for comparison (thanks to Ingo) and a tab from a alumminium one also
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinion on Heer Buckle!   Opinion on Heer Buckle!  

Opinion on Heer Buckle!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Opinion on Heer Buckle! 
    Ben

Hey! There you go guys....just goes to show how it pays off to know what to look for in real and "not so real" buckles.
    Thanks Ben....this is the way collectors learn what to stay away from!

Cheers!

Rob