Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Possible DAK buckle?

Article about: Hey gang.....I know there are a lot of 'colour variances' when it comes to Heer buckles. I have various shades of green and even grey examples. This however is my first 'Brown' or 'tan' exam

Default Possible DAK buckle?

Hey gang.....I know there are a lot of 'colour variances' when it comes to Heer buckles. I have various shades of green and even grey examples. This however is my first 'Brown' or 'tan' example.

Is this just another color variant or do you guys think this one could have been used by the DAK? I have some DAK buckles with web tabs....my Heer example is more greenish. I do have a lufty example with web tab that is tan.....

Anyways....thoughts and opinions on this one? It actually came on a souvenir/trophy belt FULL of KM trade badges. Was acquired from a well known collector who lives in the maritimes. I wonder if it might have been brought back by a sailor after the war.

Anyways....well start with the buckle. It's the Dicke '40 example on the right. The shots are to show the difference in the colour between your standard 'green' heer buckle and this brownish CTD example.

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC0163.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	445277   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC0166.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	172.3 KB 
ID:	445276  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC0165.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	218.4 KB 
ID:	445274  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Possible DAK buckle?

I think its worth keeping an open mind about Rob, there has been lots of talk on different shades etc, dealers calling shades DAK and putting prices up. Anyway one to keep an eye on mate
    Ben

I hear you Ben....loud and clear mucker! I'm leaning on a different 'shade' of buckle...but with the '40 date...I thought it might be DAK issue as well?
    Cheers buddy!

Rob

Again Rob one day it might turn out to be just need that evidence to turn up
    Ben