Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Possible tropical Heer buckle

Article about: These two are being offered online at \\$85 each, and I believe that the Heer might be a DAK buckle. I'm not sure if these photos are good enough, but do you guys think it's good? - - -------

?

Default Possible tropical Heer buckle

These two are being offered online at $85 each, and I believe that the Heer might be a DAK buckle. I'm not sure if these photos are good enough, but do you guys think it's good?

Possible tropical Heer bucklePossible tropical Heer buckle

- - ------- - -

I've asked for better photos, but have not yet received a reply.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and opinions!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible tropical Heer buckle
    P
    Many

?

I've seen these with and without the web tab described as tropical, so I'm not certain how to tell the difference. Looking at the photo, I think it's just a standard Heer, but I'm not certain.

The Green Heer with leather tab are often sold as Tropical, though strictly speaking they are "normal" issue, that said my example came on a tropical web belt, so it is perhaps likely that they were issued to tropical areas as needs or supply lines allowed.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Never consider a Heer buckle tropical unless it has a web tab. You will find a lot of color variation between manufacturers. Dealers want to call something tropical just because a buckle is a slightly lighter color. Really they just want to raise the price.

Both buckles are original. The Heer made by Richard Seiper is a standard Heer buckle. As Kirby has stated, dont call a tropical buckle unless it has a web tab on it. I have seen some dealers use this variation in colour to put up prices because it as "DAK"
    Ben

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    The Green Heer with leather tab are often sold as Tropical, though strictly speaking they are "normal" issue, that said my example came on a tropical web belt, so it is perhaps likely that they were issued to tropical areas as needs or supply lines allowed.
    Quote by kirby View Post
    Never consider a Heer buckle tropical unless it has a web tab. You will find a lot of color variation between manufacturers. Dealers want to call something tropical just because a buckle is a slightly lighter color. Really they just want to raise the price.
    Thank you, both! Those were my thoughts as well, but there is a lot of conflicting information, so it's good to have a firmer grasp.

Without any evidence to support it, I would guess that leather tabbed buckles were used in an opportunistic way on the webbed belts. At any rate, there is still much to learn and I'm glad for this website, as it is the best way imaginable to do so.

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Both buckles are original. The Heer made by Richard Seiper is a standard Heer buckle. As Kirby has stated, dont call a tropical buckle unless it has a web tab on it. I have seen some dealers use this variation in colour to put up prices because it as "DAK"
    Thanks, Ben! I've seen a few collectors and dealers describing them as "tropical" or "DAK," but that seemed bit dubious. Maybe it's an old misconception, like the "SA Sports armband" and such. Anyway, I am glad to know the truth now!

the truth is always out there some where.

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    the truth is always out there some where.
    The truth is always better than wishful thinking.

Possible tropical Heer buckle

?

This doesn't hold true for Luftwaffe buckles. Luftwaffe tropical are a green color and you will come across green Luftwaffe buckles with leather tabs and blue Luftwaffe buckles with green or blue web tabs. Luftwaffe is more confusing than Heer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible tropical Heer buckle  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast