MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Real or Fake Buckle?

Article about: I'm new to the forum, but would greatly appreciate some help right now from the regulars. I have in my possession a belt buckle, but have no idea where it came from. It kind of just ended up

?

Default Real or Fake Buckle?

I'm new to the forum, but would greatly appreciate some help right now from the regulars. I have in my possession a belt buckle, but have no idea where it came from. It kind of just ended up in my stuff one day many years ago, and no one in my family seems to know where it came from. I believe my grandfather owned it at one point before he died, just because he had a few other spoils of war in his collection like a few German rifles and things of the such. Here's some pictures to see what the buckle looks like. I don't have high hopes, but it would be pretty neat to have a real one.
    Real or Fake Buckle?Real or Fake Buckle?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake Buckle?
    P
    Many

?

ahess, These particular buckles are known as "Private" purchase or "Parade" buckles not meant for combat per se'. They IMO were meant to stand out amongst other EM or rather to dignify a better standing in certain branches.. Sort of like "Renting a Tuxedo" or actually owning one.. IMHO.
    Based on what I have observed this looks like a "Zinc" late war example.. The quandry is that as unmarked , We can only guess as to the maker, As these wre produced by several manufactures'
    under the guise of "Private" sale.. Better pictures or the curvature of the prongs, may help.. This is just my 2 cents mind you.. There are others here that have ALOT more experience on these buckles.. I believe it genuine though.. Keep collecting, and good hunting...Gwar
    Sorry, My manners sometimes slip... Welcome to the Forum... Gwar

?

In my opinion, this is a genuine Heer private purchase buckle. The metal appears to be zinc, which suggest mid- to late-war manufacture.

Edit: Gwar has beaten me to it! I agree with his above comments.

?

The rondel has been turned 180.

?

Kirby, Any indication of mis manufacture ? G

?

Interesting to know this is more or less real! There are also absolutely no markings i can see on the buckle in case anyone was wondering. Here's a more detailed picture of the prongs also.
    Real or Fake Buckle?

Hi and welcome to the forum, nice zinc Heer buckle, these are not maker marked or I have never seen one as yet, nice original buckle though
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Fake Buckle?   Real or Fake Buckle?  

Real or Fake Buckle?   Real or Fake Buckle?  

Ben