Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reichswehr buckle in aluminium

Article about: Hello Bill, I would say it is very hard to judge if the buckle is made from aluminium or nickel silver only by images. In the case of Christian's buckle I have to mention, that I had this pa

?

Default Reichswehr buckle in aluminium

Hello!

A few months ago I bought this Reichswehr buckle in aluminium (one piece) from a dealer.
    Has anybody else the same buckle? Or other aluminium variants?

Christian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichswehr buckle in aluminium   Reichswehr buckle in aluminium  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichswehr buckle in aluminium
    P
    Many

Default Re: Reichswehr buckle in aluminium

Christian,

I have one in two piece aluminum w/a 1935 dated tab. I actually had two oft these at one time. Sold the 2nd one to Marc many years ago. Yours is the first one piece I have ever seen. A very scarce variant and in super condition. Will show photos later.

Bill

Alright - I know that I am leading with my chin here, however, what is so special about this buckle ?

Are aluminium Reichswehr rare ?

Regards,

David

David,
    A valid question. Unless someone can show that the aluminum version of the Reichwehr buckle is out there in some numbers I can only say that in all my yerars of collecting I have only encountered two of this buckle and Christian's is the third and the first I've seen in one piece. I know the one I have is parade and probally should not have the tab which by the way is a Sieper 1935 dated one, but it looks like it has been on the buckle for a long time. The other parade alum. buckle I had did not have a tab.

Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichswehr buckle in aluminium   Reichswehr buckle in aluminium  

Reichswehr buckle in aluminium  

Thankyou for this most interesting information Bill. I had no idea.

Regards,

David

?

Nice buckle Bill, thanks for posting!

The aluminium variant is indeed hard to find. I'm sure it was produced only for a short period in 1935/36.

Christian

Great buckle! All of mine are nickel.....

Rob

Hi guys, two nice buckles, Christian, that buckle of yours is a corker . Aluminium Reichsheer buckle are not so often seen, I have seen less than 5!
    Ben

?

Hi All!

I agree, Aluminium Reichsheer buckles are hard to find, but the die stamped example is rare as hens teeth!

Like your buckle very much, Christian.

Bill, I have a similar two-piecer and will post my one later for comparison (have still to take pictures).

Regards,
    Guido

Guido, et al,

I certainly agree on the rarity of the die struck buckle. The two- piece ones are not so common either. I do have a question on the die struck buckle. How does one tell it is aluminum from a photo if the individual does not mention it as being alum.? The catch looks a bit different but only a very minor difference.

The best to all of you,

Bill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast