Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Salty Set ;-) Local woodwork find Paulmann & Crone Heer Bucckle and coded/dated belt, very nice wear!!!

Article about: Hi again guys ;-) Wasn't really even looking for this, or another Heer belt buckle, but... Really a nice and interesting buckle, great detail to the Eagle's head, eye, beak, but down below i

Default Salty Set ;-) Local woodwork find Paulmann & Crone Heer Bucckle and coded/dated belt, very nice wear!!!

Hi again guys ;-)

Wasn't really even looking for this, or another Heer belt buckle, but...

Really a nice and interesting buckle, great detail to the Eagle's head, eye, beak, but down below it seems that the Swastika and Oak leaves are ground away from someone crawling on their belly. The wear on the leather is fairly epic, as much patina as one could desire...

Small size belt, 85 I think. Skinny young guy, like I was at 18. Size 28 waist, that's changed a little bit over the years... All the history I got on this is that the guy's Dad also had a Brandenburg medal which he seemed to think was worth a fortune. Nice find on this anyway.

Some letter code I can't make out and 42.

Last edited by Doppelgänger; 03-10-2013 at 04:11 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Salty Set ;-) Local woodwork find Paulmann & Crone Heer Bucckle and coded/dated belt, very nice wear!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Salty Set ;-) Local woodwork find Paulmann & Crone Heer Bucckle and coded/dated belt, very nice wear!!!

Nice buckle and belt, buckle is by Paulmann & Crone, still quite a bit of detail on it also
    Ben

Default Re: Salty Set ;-) Local woodwork find Paulmann & Crone Heer Bucckle and coded/dated belt, very nice wear!!!

I like it a lot very nice buckle i like that salty look

Thx Ben ;-)

This is a GREAT buckle, and yes Paulmann & Crone. Only reason I knew this was because my photographic memory has recorded this diamond shaped logo a while back, here on the site I thought. And I went through your thread on Heer buckle, took about three pages I think, and there it was ;-) This is definitely an upgrade to my other [unmarked] pebbled Alu buckle, so I'm very pleased with it. Wish I could get an SS buckle to round out my small collection, but just too much $$$ for the real thing.

The police buckles are real lookers too, might have to go in that direction, but I'd prefer the SS.

But then again, if you're buying the right thing then you have nothing to worry about investment wise, other than the scary proposition of having a large sum of cash tied up, temporarily, or permanently. I tend to not get rid of things once I get them.
    Last edited by Doppelgänger; 03-10-2013 at 06:35 PM.