Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Schmole & Co, Mendon... ?

Article about: Thanks Ben... when I offered \\$90 I thought that was what it was worth but, now that I have found out that the tab probably doesn't belong together with this buckle, and also taking the condi

?

Wink Re: Schmole & Co, Mendon... ?

Thanks Ben... when I offered $90 I thought that was what it was worth but, now that I have found out that the tab probably doesn't belong together with this buckle, and also taking the condition of the buckle into consideration, I think it's only worth $70 - $80. I've already told the guy that I will pass on this one.
    However, I did pick up this rather nicely beat up Sieper buckle yesterday for $60 that I'm very pleased with... you win some, you loose some... it's a great hobby!
    Cheers... Hansi Schmole & Co, Mendon... ?Schmole & Co, Mendon... ?Schmole & Co, Mendon... ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schmole & Co, Mendon... ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Schmole & Co, Mendon... ?

Hansi, nice but battered buckle, a $40 buckle for me though, but as long as you are happy with it
    Ben

?

Yes, I always find things with a bit of history to them more appealing than something in blank, perfect condition. I didn't mind parting with $60 for this Sieper buckle because I like the way it looks. I have to always take something else into consideration... I'm living in Australia! I have no chance of finding something at a carboot sale, flea market, junk shop, etc. so in a way I'm forced to pay a bit more than you lucky guys because, unfortunately, I can only find things on the internet. After searching all across Perth, WA, I finally found a shop that sells a few war items... they were asking $260 for a rusty WW1 run-of-the-mill buckle, and you wouldn't want to know what they were asking for the other few bits! They think anything older than 20 years is an antique... war items are almost impossible to get hold of. So, if I can pick up the odd buckle from one of the many sites for around $50 - $80 I'm happy!! Cheers... Hansi

Hi Chaps, I thought I'd add my latest to this thread. As you can see it's a steel LW marked Schmole & Co, Mendon, 1941 & also has the company monogram & 1941 on the body. The tab is named to a chap called Zielina; but as you can see someone has cut the leather back I wonder if he was the culprit? But all in all a nice issued buckle with character, Cheers, Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schmole & Co, Mendon... ?   Schmole & Co, Mendon... ?  

Schmole & Co, Mendon... ?  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2