Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Steel Heer Buckle

Article about: Hello folks. In line with the other thread, I'm looking at a piece that will ultimately become part of a webbing setup. I found this steel Heer buckle with its leather tab, and wanted to be

Default Steel Heer Buckle

Hello folks.

In line with the other thread, I'm looking at a piece that will ultimately become part of a webbing setup. I found this steel Heer buckle with its leather tab, and wanted to be absolutely sure it was a good one. It looks good to me, based on the wear and tear, but you never know.

Again, pictures aren't the best. Apologies.

Steel Heer BuckleSteel Heer Buckle

Regards, B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Steel Heer Buckle
    P
    Many

If you are thinking of matching this up with a web belt, it should also have a web tab.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I was planning on matching it up with a leather belt, so no worries on the tab. Would the 1940 date on the tab indicate the year of manufacture of the buckle?

B.B.

?

B.B. can you state the maker ? I tried to distinguish it but can't G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

The seller states that the tab is maker marked, but unfortunately does not state the maker in question. These are the only two photos the seller provides as well. I can't distinguish the lettering around the date either, and it's not just my bad eyes. It wasn't something I gave much thought to previously, as I've never been a 'by maker' collector. I was simply looking for a good representative example. Would the maker reveal anything important about this piece?

Regards, B.B.

?

Based on these two pics I think the maker could be Bernhard Haarmann. Better pics would be great.

I think it might say E.Schneider. 1940 Ludenscheid.
    And yes, that is the date of the tab, not necessarily the buckle, although it should be close.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by weller View Post
    Based on these two pics I think the maker is Bernhard Haarmann. Better pics would be great.
    Having squinted at the rather grainy photo for a while, I'm certain that the lower lettering reads 'Lüdenscheid'. The upper text appears to end with the letters 'DER'. Don't know if that nails it down to a specific maker, but hopefully it helps.

EDIT: Seems Ralph has better eyes than me!

Regards, B.B.

?

I think Ralph is correct. I rotated the 2nd pic and zoomed it a bit and looks like Schneider on the leather tab.

So, would this be a good one to pull the trigger on? There's something about this buckle that appeals to me, though I can't say what. Just something about the good honest level of wear.

If all is good, this will be part of the leather webbing setup I'm planning on buying tomorrow.

Regards, B.B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast