Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tropical Heer?

Article about: Lenny I had a unissued tropical belt like you show I think they are Luftwaffe the tan ones however you see everybody wearing them in N Afrika. I am sure it is original and OK. timothy

Default Tropical Heer?

Hi guys,

Any thoughts on this belt, rubbish pics sorry. The buckle looks ok, Gustav Brehmer 40, green web tab but belt is dated 42. More concerned about the belt? Thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tropical Heer?   Tropical Heer?  

Tropical Heer?   Tropical Heer?  

Tropical Heer?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tropical Heer?
    P
    Many

Not sure about the belt Lenny, I have never really collected them, buckle looks fine
    Ben

Anyone an opinion on this belt?

?

It does not look like any of mine. Stitching color and construction is different. Could be a variant......but IMO it looks a little off. Wait for the tropical pros to look at it.

Hello,

i can't tell that belt is a fake but i have not a 100% right feeling about .........
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Cheers guys, I'll need to pass on this one, saving for the SS I was offered.

I also had my doubts, despite Luneschloss is a well know leather items maker, but your habitual logo is absent, but after reading this thread:
    Look at: Luft Tropical Belt and Buckle - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    I think it's original.
    Best regards
    Iván
    Last edited by ivanjoaquin; 08-13-2013 at 07:15 PM.

Quote by ivanjoaquin View Post
    I also had my doubts, despite Luneschloss is a well know leather items maker, but your habitual logo is absent, but after reading this thread:
    Look at: Luft Tropical Belt and Buckle - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    I think it's original.
    Best regards
    Iván
    Actually, that makes me feel better. The one I posted seems unissued, good to see one with more wear.

I think the belt is OK. You typically see blue or purple ink marking the stitching area like this on some tropical items. I have an original tropical belt - looks quite close. NH

Another observation - the reed green color underneath that was not exposed to sunlight is still visible. I have other tropical cloth that shows the same bleaching on exposed areas with green underneath. I don't know if this is peculiar to WWII era German tropical cloth but this may be so. Modern repros may not react the same way so this could be a good way to authenticate a period tropical item. NH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast