Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tunnerbund buckle conversions

Article about: Gents, these are outstanding examples and some that I have never seen, many thanks for the posts As for who converted them well I hope one day some missing txt will be found with info on it

Default Tunnerbund buckle conversions

Hi to All,
    this is a new post for Tunnerbund conversions, my first one is an early right facing B&N not so comm at all
    Andrea
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tunnerbund buckle conversions   Tunnerbund buckle conversions  

Tunnerbund buckle conversions   Tunnerbund buckle conversions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tunnerbund buckle conversions
    P
    Many

Default Re: Tunnerbund buckle conversions

The second one is an C N "key hole" (UNKNOWN) maker mark: do you know this maker? (on emboss pic another UNKNOW maker mark...) any suggestion for this maker?

Cheers
    Andrea
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tunnerbund buckle conversions   Tunnerbund buckle conversions  

Andrea, that second buckle is a cracker, dont know who did the conversion but I would love to know who the original maker of the buckle was, I have never seen that maker mark before, another enigma to look into unless a member here knows who the maker is, very nice buckle my friend
    Ben

?

Hi

This one came to me recently. No marks for condition, but what I find interesting is that whoever did this DT to Reichswehr conversion just stuck the new roundel on, thereby dispensing with the rather elaborate methods of construction seen on the WH conversions, and as shown earlier in this thread.

Best regards
    Kurt

Kurt, interesting conversion, the original buckle is by Mathias Kutsch, Attendorn but I doubt they did the conversion, would be interesting to find out though
    Ben

?

This an interesting thread. I like these conversion buckles.

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    the original buckle is by Mathias Kutsch, Attendorn but I doubt they did the conversion, would be interesting to find out though
    Ben,

Who did these conversions is a vexing question indeed. With the DT to WH, most, if not all, WH roundels have the same style WH eagle, whether looking right or left. At one time, my theory was that B&N converted their own old stock of DT buckles, as all base DT buckles I had seen were B&N. Base "DT" buckles with other maker's marks now being confirmed, this should rule out one company's converting their own, obsolete DT production. Not sure if the conversion Reichswehr roundels are also of one pattern. Attached is another DT to RW conversion, a construction method I believe is also found on DT to WH buckles. This one's in rather better condition than the one shown earlier.

Let's keep them coming. I would urge everybody who has a DT conversion buckle, whether converted to WH or RW, to post theirs here as every snippet of info will help! We may just be able to produce another "definitive" thread here! I have another Dt to WH conversion that's really weird. That one's very hard to photograph, but will try again tomorrow and, if results are okay post pics here.

Best regards
    Kurt

?

Here's another conversion, again from a B & N DT buckle. The "ges. gesch. B N and signet is clearly visible in hand, but only shows very faintly in the photograph.

Regards, Kurt

?

Hi All!

Nothing really new from my side but I will follow Kurt's call and would like to add my two DT conversion buckles to the nice buckles already shown here.

Best,
    Guido

?

Thanks, Guido. These are very nice buckles.
    Best regards, Kurt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast