Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Veteran Bringback Heer Belts, Saved from the Trash; Gently Restored

Article about: Here are the two belts I recently posted in my Garbage Find thread. We have an early war belt/ buckle and a late war belt buckle. Both were in extremely bad shape, with the leather heavily o

Default Veteran Bringback Heer Belts, Saved from the Trash; Gently Restored

Here are the two belts I recently posted in my Garbage Find thread. We have an early war belt/ buckle and a later war belt buckle. Both were in extremely bad shape, with the leather heavily oxidized, white and powdery. I brought them up to my buddy RH1941 (Gary) and he used a very mild leather lotion to clean them up. They look a million times better and just smell like ~70yr old leather. I was a little apprehensive at first about using something to clean them up (I especially didn't want them to smell like harsh chemicals), but I am very pleased with the result.

Help with additional information on these would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Special thanks to Gary for helping me gently restore these... they wouldn't have lasted long otherwise!

First, the early war set... It was definitely the worst of the two:

How I found it:
    Veteran Bringback Heer Belts, Saved from the Trash; Gently RestoredVeteran Bringback Heer Belts, Saved from the Trash; Gently RestoredVeteran Bringback Heer Belts, Saved from the Trash; Gently Restored

After Gary gently cleaned it:
    Veteran Bringback Heer Belts, Saved from the Trash; Gently RestoredVeteran Bringback Heer Belts, Saved from the Trash; Gently RestoredVeteran Bringback Heer Belts, Saved from the Trash; Gently RestoredVeteran Bringback Heer Belts, Saved from the Trash; Gently RestoredVeteran Bringback Heer Belts, Saved from the Trash; Gently RestoredVeteran Bringback Heer Belts, Saved from the Trash; Gently Restored

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Veteran Bringback Heer Belts, Saved from the Trash; Gently Restored
    P
    Many

The second set:

How I found it:
    Veteran Bringback Heer Belts, Saved from the Trash; Gently RestoredVeteran Bringback Heer Belts, Saved from the Trash; Gently Restored

After Gary gently cleaned it:
    Veteran Bringback Heer Belts, Saved from the Trash; Gently RestoredVeteran Bringback Heer Belts, Saved from the Trash; Gently RestoredVeteran Bringback Heer Belts, Saved from the Trash; Gently RestoredVeteran Bringback Heer Belts, Saved from the Trash; Gently Restored

Thanks for taking a look!

?

They look great Joe

GREAT STUFF, thx! Don't ever be afraid to clean something a little, as long as you know what you are doing... I've used Lexol on countless things that really needed it over the years, let it sit a week without messing with it (the temptation is there.), it will look as if nothing was ever put on it, the original color will return, along with the patina.

Great belts/buckles! Two of my faves ;-)

Two nice been there sets Joe, the Werner Linker is nice, and it is pleasing to see the makers mark under the prong sleeve, not always there on a lot of buckles. The steel Bruder Schneider is nice also
    Ben

Thank you for the kind words, gentlemen!

Does anyone know the meaning of the [G] stamped into the leather on the early set?

I wish i could find something like that in the rubbish!...

2 great finds.

Thanks for the kind words, all!

Here is how I found them:
    Veteran Bringback Heer Belts, Saved from the Trash; Gently Restored

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast