Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

wehrmacht koppelschloss

Article about: Hi Guys, What do you think of this one. Looks ok to me, but I would really like to hear your opinion. Thanks Menno

?

Default wehrmacht koppelschloss

Hi Guys,

What do you think of this one. Looks ok to me,
    but I would really like to hear your opinion.
    Thanks Menno

wehrmacht koppelschlosswehrmacht koppelschloss

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement wehrmacht koppelschloss
    P
    Many

Default Re: wehrmacht koppelschloss

Menno, buckle is original and by Bruder Schneider, the tab is on the wrong way so probably restiched
    Ben

Just for reference
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture wehrmacht koppelschloss   wehrmacht koppelschloss  

wehrmacht koppelschloss   wehrmacht koppelschloss  

wehrmacht koppelschloss   wehrmacht koppelschloss  

Ben

?

Thanks for the quick response Ben, and very good about the tab. I missed that!
    Is it possible to disassemble the shaft and turn it around?

cheers Menno

Have a look at the maker on the tab, it might be Bruder Schneider, they may have put it on the wrong by by mistake, if it is stitched I would personally leave it on. If the stitching is period then it might have been added period, if the stitching is not period and it has been added post war and the tab is by a separate maker then I would consider taking it off, at the end of the day its your preference
    Ben

?

Ok, don't have it yet, I've just send the seller a mail to tell him I want to buy it.
    How do I recognize period stitchings? It comes with a replica belt, I will take a picture
    of it and post it when I get it in the mail.
    thanks again!

It comes down to experience really and knowing what to look for, it should be three ply stitched, have a look at this picture, the thread is made up of three strands of thread, hope this makes sense
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture wehrmacht koppelschloss  
    Ben

?

it does make sense! And I have one to compare and look at with a magnifying glass.

Quote by Menno View Post
    it does make sense! And I have one to compare and look at with a magnifying glass.
    Ben

?

Default Update wehrmacht koppelschloss

Hi,

Today the buckle en belt arrived. The tab was the wrong way around, because the stitchings are loose, somebody probably took the tab off and replaced it the other way around.

It's a Bruder Schneider indeed! Well seen, I wonder how you do that!
    The color on the outside is quite different then the inside, there are some small remains around the letters. It's also named with a pen ; A. Rath sounds german, could it be from the time period?

I also included some picture's of the belt. It is supposed to be repro, but the stitchings are the three threads kind also, could it be original? there is a size on it, 150.
    and there is a stamped number, It's hard to read, it looks like; RB No 70793217890
    Does did make sense?

cheers Menno

wehrmacht koppelschloss
    wehrmacht koppelschloss
    wehrmacht koppelschloss
    wehrmacht koppelschloss
    wehrmacht koppelschloss
    wehrmacht koppelschloss
    wehrmacht koppelschloss

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast