Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Weimer Republic buckle with 1935 dated tab

Article about: That's ok, no problem. That's interesting that they were still in Bundeswehr stores after the war. I wonder if there are still any interesting things hidden away. In the 1980's there was sti

Default Re: Weimer Republic buckle with 1935 dated tab

That's ok, no problem. That's interesting that they were still in Bundeswehr stores after the war. I wonder if there are still any interesting things hidden away. In the 1980's there was still wartime stationary in the stores when I first worked in the civil service!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Great image, Richard!

I think that there must have been several reasons for wearing a Reichsheer buckle during WWII. Perhaps the wearer wanted to express his political attitude, or he was an individualist, or he just had no other buckle available, or... We will never know!

Wim, it is the first time for me to hear that the Reichsheer buckle has also "served" in the Bundeswehr!
    How nice if we could find an image of this buckle in wear at the Bundeswehr!!!

Best,
    Guido

Hello Guido,

maybe I did explain or expressed myself wrongly. These buckles did not serve within the
    Bundeswehr, but were under locker somewhere in the attic or in a building. There were also other
    items kept under locker. Anyway this is what my German friend told me, who was a soldier in
    the Bundeswehr. He did not know if also in other camps TR material was under locker. But who
    knows: one day a photograph will pop up where a Bundeswehr-soldier does wear such Reichswehr buckle.
    "Wir sollen auch unser Leben für die Brüder lassen" (1.Joh.3.16):
    zum Gedächtnis Wilhelm Schenk. Er starb fürs Vaterland am 13. Juni 1916

?

OK Wim, it was my fault. You wrote nothing about wearing these buckles at the Bundeswehr!

Have a nice day!

Guido

Quote by Guido View Post
    Great image, Richard!

I think that there must have been several reasons for wearing a Reichsheer buckle during WWII. Perhaps the wearer wanted to express his political attitude, or he was an individualist, or he just had no other buckle available, or... We will never know!
    Thanks Guido, yeah, I couldn't agree more with the above. Although, making a political point sounds a bit risky in WW2 Nazi Germany!!

?

Yes of course Richard, but this was perhaps the little rebellion of the common man!

Best,
    Guido

Quote by Guido View Post
    Yes of course Richard, but this was perhaps the little rebellion of the common man!

Best,
    Guido
    Hi Guido, he's a very brave, admiable man in that case

Hi Chaps, look where this one was found: -

German WW2 Battlefiel relic- Reichswehr Belt Buckle | eBay

Cheers,

Richard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12