Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Weimer Republic buckle with 1935 dated tab

Article about: That's ok, no problem. That's interesting that they were still in Bundeswehr stores after the war. I wonder if there are still any interesting things hidden away. In the 1980's there was sti

Default Weimer Republic buckle with 1935 dated tab

Of the three buckles I purchased from the same dealer in Maine shop this one was the most expensive and looks good. It has a 1935 dated tab with manufacturer name Berg&Nolte A G Ludenscheid.
    Does it look ok and where does a buckle like this fall within the history of Nazi Germany?
    Thanks,
    Joe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Weimer Republic buckle with 1935 dated tab   Weimer Republic buckle with 1935 dated tab  

Weimer Republic buckle with 1935 dated tab   Weimer Republic buckle with 1935 dated tab  

Weimer Republic buckle with 1935 dated tab  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Weimer Republic buckle with 1935 dated tab
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Weimer Republic buckle with 1935 dated tab

The buckle is perfectly fine!

These Reichsheer buckles were worn also by Wehrmacht Heer members as the new Heer buckle was introduced only in the beginnig of 1936.

Best,
    Guido

Hello,

i go with Guido ! A very nice buckle !
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

I agree with the guys, a good buckle with a nicely marked tab
    Ben

Quote by Guido View Post
    The buckle is perfectly fine!

These Reichsheer buckles were worn also by Wehrmacht Heer members as the new Heer buckle was introduced only in the beginnig of 1936.

Best,
    Guido
    Have a look at what this soldiers wearing!!

Weimer Republic buckle with 1935 dated tabWeimer Republic buckle with 1935 dated tab

Introduction new buckle, Third Reich version, as nr. 114 in the "Heeres-Verordnungsblatt", 1936 with an order
    from the Oberbefehlshaber des Heeres from January 24, 1936. Introduced were a buckle in light-weight metal
    (Leichtmetall) in the color for the buttons for the tunic (Feldbluse). Buckles to be worn with the
    privately purchased belt (worn often with the walking-out dress) were from bright light-weight metal (worn instead of the
    old Neusilber - German silver version).

Samples for the greenish buckles were send to the Generalkommando. For the bright light-weight one no samples
    were available. As far as known the buckles could be ordered by the quarter-masters-department until March 2, 1936.
    One can say that the old Reichswehr-buckles were anyway allowed to be worn until about summer 1936, but photographs
    do state its wearing into the war.

I think he's a prewar soldier who's just kept his original buckle & is wearing it to be individual.

Prewar? Look he is wearing in his button-hole the ribbon for the medal:
    Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/1942 (Winter Battle in the east), which
    was introduced May 26, 1942!!

Yeah, I know that. It's obvious. I was stating that I believe he had served pre war, not that this is a pre war photo.

sorry, I misunderstood.
    The buckle he is wearing was still stocked at army-camps for the Bundeswehr after the war.
    That's how I got some of them in the seventies from German friends, that served in the Bundeswehr.
    Later I did ask my friends for more, but then they were gone. Possibly destroyed or who knows
    bought by dealers that had heard of this!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast