Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wh nowa

Article about: Hello, guys! Whether it is possible to consider correct existence of steel prongs on a buckle and a type of a brand on the leather?

Default Wh nowa

Hello, guys! Whether it is possible to consider correct existence of steel prongs on a buckle and a type of a brand on the leather?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wh nowa   Wh nowa  

Wh nowa   Wh nowa  

Wh nowa   Wh nowa  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wh nowa
    P
    Many

I will have to trawl through the buckles ref the steel prongs, the eagle on your buckle looks like a NOWA and I have seen these rough type tabs before with just NOWA written on. maybe when they were first starting out they had a cottage type industry until they expanded and grew into a bigger company. Attached is a couple of examples for comparison

Wh nowa   Wh nowa  

Wh nowa   Wh nowa  

Ben

I have just looked through the pics of all my aluminium buckles, none of them have a steel prongs. Do you think it could have been a battlefield repair? Just looking at the pinhead that looks a little rough.
    Ben

Ben, I don't know... But probably there was a repair in field conditions. It looks convincingly. On a leather tail after NOWA I see 36. Core aluminum. Looks the factory.

If you look at the prongs they actually look like they came from a Berge & Nolte buckle, look at the way they are cut, I am at work at moment but will try and get a picture for reference
    Ben

Here are Berge & Nolte prongs, maybe you can compare?

Ben

Yes, prongs are very similar.