Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Who made this alu heer buckle?

Article about: Hi Chaps, thought I'd post his one because of it's strange catch. There's a Reichsheer one with the same construction on page 69 of Angolias book so I'm guessing it's early. Ben, can you tel

Default Who made this alu heer buckle?

Hi Chaps, thought I'd post his one because of it's strange catch. There's a Reichsheer one with the same construction on page 69 of Angolias book so I'm guessing it's early.

Ben, can you tell the maker from the eagle?

Cheers,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who made this alu heer buckle?   Who made this alu heer buckle?  

Who made this alu heer buckle?   Who made this alu heer buckle?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Who made this alu heer buckle?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Who made this alu heer buckle?

Hi Richard, nice early buckle, is it nickel? Maker is a hard call mate on that one from the eagle, from the pics could be Osang, Dransfeld, Schmole & Comp? Sorry mate but a hard call, I will have a good look tomorrow and see if I can make a match
    Ben

Hi Ben, no it's an alu buckle & it's still got a little field gray paint on the back. Here's a better pic. I did wonder if it was Dransfield myself, Cheers, Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who made this alu heer buckle?  

?

Richard,

if you ask me, I would say Schmöle & Co/ Menden is responsible for your buckle!

An early WH buckle and a quite rare catch variant BTW. I assume Schmöle produced this welded catch variant only for few months! I know also standard catch variant buckles by this maker bearing the 1936 on the leather tongue.

Best,
    Guido
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Who made this alu heer buckle?   Who made this alu heer buckle?  

Chaps, Schmole & Comp/Dransfeld very similar if not same buckle, compare this Dransfeld eagle to the one that Guido posted Could be twins lol
    Attached Images Attached Images Who made this alu heer buckle?  Who made this alu heer buckle?  Who made this alu heer buckle?  Who made this alu heer buckle? 
    Ben

Hi Chaps, thanks for the replies. As well as Dransfield & Schmöle & Co another match is Schmidt & Co, Schwelm (see below). Schwelm is very close to the other 2 makers in Menden.
    I think Guido has nailed it as being most likely to be Schmöle & Co/ Menden & 1935 or '36 production; but it does look like one producer was making bodies for several makers,

Cheers,

Richard.

Who made this alu heer buckle?  
    Last edited by DUJAILAH; 04-06-2011 at 07:55 PM.