Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion

Article about: Hello gentlemen. I Am not sure if I had to place this post in the Cloth Headgear section,sorry If I did it wrong. I need your opinion about my first pattern Pith Helmet . I would like to kno

Ves
    ?

Default 1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion

Hello gentlemen.
    I Am not sure if I had to place this post in the Cloth Headgear section,sorry If I did it wrong. I need your opinion about my first pattern Pith Helmet . I would like to know if its WW2 period ( used in the actual service , not some of those they have been found in Czech storages after WW2 ) and if its à Heer or Luftwaffe. It looks like there is a big amount of use. The sweat band is named (hopefully the owners name) and on the other side is marked with the manufacturer logo WPB. The only marking I can see on the inside of the band is the size stamp which is 56. The vent on the dome is marked with P.C. Turck W.w. and D.P.K.G. On the outside unfortunately the insignias are missing and the chinstrap is cut off.
    I would appreciate any comments.

Best regards!
    Ves

1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1-st pattern Pith Helmet opinion
    P
    Many

The colour is not clear from the pics but I assume it is a green one with a greyish trim?

Maker is Werner Pause (&Co.), Berlin.

Looks to be wartime used unless someone added the shields, then removed them just to fool someone, and though not impossible this seems unlikely, probably.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I think it is ok! It looks just like mine but without the insignias... Wait for other's opinions just to be sure!!

looks a good TR issue.

Ves
    ?

Thank you ! I just noticed,that on the one side where the insignia ( national tricolor ) was there is a gap between the upper holes like 2.5 cm. and on the other side ( where the eagle insignia supposed to be ) is about 4cm. which makes me think is a Luftwaffe. Also the chinstrap part is brown and the leather trim looks tan to me which is I believe its common for the Luftwaffe pith helmets. I would like to find out if the Luftwaffe pith helmets more rare and expensive than the Wehrmacht ones?
    I would appreciate any more comments

Luftwaffe tropenhelms are common, so are heer. Green first patterns are more desirable than tan versions for either service and fetch more money, but condition is important and this is very worn around the trim, no chinstrap, no insignia, so not worth a lot of money whatever colour it is.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Ves
    ?

Thank you! Is anybody can give me some more opinions?

I think Jerry has covered it. Nothing to add.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!