Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1st Pattern (M41) DAK Tunic

Article about: Hi guys, i got recently an awesome deal on this tunic which made me very excited as it is my first M41. It is very faded as you can see from the pictures and stripped. My friend who sold it

Looks excellent on display! Love it

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st Pattern (M41) DAK Tunic
    P
    Many

?

Nice M-41 tropical it displays rather well it would appear that there were two award loops on the left breast pocket as well.
    One thing I do find of interest is the fading I am not so shur I would chalk this all up to sun fading as the interior of the tunic would appear to be just as faded as the exterior( just my two cents worth.)

Regards Mark K

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. I will post a pic later Mark that is clearly seen, 2-3 different shades of tan colour. The inside is not the same with the outside. You can also see the different hue inside the pockets were it's much darker.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Here it is. Check this photo out but also those posted above in post #6. You can see the different shades of the tunic's colour. Indeed it seems that there were loops for awards on the upper, left pocket plus 2 loops above it for a ribbon bar probably. Pity.

Attachment 553828
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st Pattern (M41) DAK Tunic  
    Last edited by don_kihotis7; 08-17-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Could it have been washed to maybe make it loose its colour? Just a theory

?

You might want to pull all your medals together that might fit the loops and ghosting. Not sure, but the middle , left breast pocket almost looks like there may have bee an oval award...maybe a wound badge? or DRL? Hmm..you outta have some fun with this.
    Also, it displays very nicely on the mannequin

?

Thanks for the extra images they show the discoloration of the interior better and you are correct the outside shows more fading is evident.

Regards Mark K

Hi guys.
    Yes Mark it's for sure not the same shade everywhere. In hand the difference is even clearer.

Dean at the beginning i was looking for an EK ghosting but it seems that it must have been an oval shape. I am not sure if i should restore the loops as well

Very nice mate. Probably been chemically bleached as well as sun faded to give it the real alterkampfer look, which was often done at the time, using anti gas tablets amongst other means.

It needed a matching faded eagle like this one from my collection, though the application has been well done.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st Pattern (M41) DAK Tunic  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks for the reply Jerry.
    The eagle you posted had the blue colour initially and after fading it became yellow?
    About the bleaching, i have read before that it was done by soldiers who wanted to gain the veteran look instead of having the newbie one. It's a practise still happening today in contemporary armies. I experienced it when i was serving here almost 20 years ago.
    Of course the fading inside can be caused also from frequent washing. During the summer our uniforms were being dirty too soon from too much sweating so we had to wash them by hand, turned them inside out and left them hanging out in the sun in order to get dry by nightfall.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast