Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

2 Kriegsmarine Cap Talleys: Info Needed

Article about: Hi, all. I just picked up these two Kriegsmarine cap talleys at auction and was looking for a little help with them. I believe them to both be original pieces but I would appreciate if anyon

Default 2 Kriegsmarine Cap Talleys: Info Needed

Hi, all. I just picked up these two Kriegsmarine cap talleys at auction and was looking for a little help with them. I believe them to both be original pieces but I would appreciate if anyone can confirm this for me. I know these are not the best pictures and I will post more when time permits.
    I have researched the first one, however I know only that the 2nd is for a Destroyer based on the translation. Can anyone give me more info on either of these or what they are worth (I haven't been able to find other examples for sale to compare with for price.)

Thanks,
    Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images 2 Kriegsmarine Cap Talleys: Info Needed 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 Kriegsmarine Cap Talleys: Info Needed
    P
    Many

Default Re: 2 Kriegsmarine Cap Talleys: Info Needed

Sorry both are post war.
    The zerstorer 4 became part of the German fleet in 1959.

Thanks, Chris. How do you determine that the Scharnhorst is post-war/reproduction? Again, sorry I do not have a better photo of it.

Best,
    Adam

Actually, not that it helps much, but here is the one other photo I have of the entire lot I purchased (cheap so no real loss thankfully...)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Kriegsmarine Cap Talleys: Info Needed  

Quote by aechols83 View Post
    Thanks, Chris. How do you determine that the Scharnhorst is post-war/reproduction? Again, sorry I do not have a better photo of it.

Best,
    Adam
    Well I should have saided reproduction they sell them for 10$.

?

Zerstörer 4. D178
    Acquired (ex- USS Claxton DD571) 15 December 1959
    Sold to Greece February 1981
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Claxton_%28DD-571%29

Is there some reason to think that the illustrated Bundesmarine cap ribbon is not authentic to this post-war ship ?
    (the illustration is quite small, so I at least cannot see the stitiching, etc.)

Cap ribbon article, possibly of interest ....
    http://germanmilitariacollectibles.c...p-ribbons.html

- Frayer

I think the zerstorer 4 one will be original, as I just cannot see anyone faking a Bundesmarine item.

Cheers, Ade.

Everything I see on that plate looks ok (I have also doubts about the Zerstorter ribbon)

Question Re: 2 Kriegsmarine Cap Talleys: Info Needed

I just received the lot of items in the mail today and so here are some better pictures of the suspected post-war zerstorer 4 & repro schlachtschiff scharnhorn cap tallies along with the other items.
    I am pretty sure the aluminum eagle in the grouping is a heer cap eagle but I am not 100% certain as it came with the lot and I'm not an expert.
    Can anyone give this lot or specific pieces the final thumbs up or down? I am particularly interested in knowing if the KM officer's bullion eagle is authentic or not.

Thanks, all!
    Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Kriegsmarine Cap Talleys: Info Needed   2 Kriegsmarine Cap Talleys: Info Needed  

2 Kriegsmarine Cap Talleys: Info Needed   2 Kriegsmarine Cap Talleys: Info Needed  

2 Kriegsmarine Cap Talleys: Info Needed   2 Kriegsmarine Cap Talleys: Info Needed  

Hi Adam, I reckon the Officers eagle is OK.

The alloy eagle is Heer.

Cheers, Ade.