Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

2 x Heer M44 jackets for opinions

Article about: Hi all, looking at 2 x Heer M44 field blouses at the moment. The first is made from feldgrau 44 (brownish), and the second is Italian cloth (green). I'm not great on these, and I know they a

?

Default 2 x Heer M44 jackets for opinions

Hi all, looking at 2 x Heer M44 field blouses at the moment. The first is made from feldgrau 44 (brownish), and the second is Italian cloth (green).

I'm not great on these, and I know they are heavily faked so would be grateful for any opinons (or PM's).

The green one has the eagle sewn behind the lining, which I think is OK (?), although the more common method is usually through the lining, like the brown one.

Also, interested to know which (if you think both OK) would be the most desirable? They are both the same price!

Regards, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 x Heer M44 jackets for opinions   2 x Heer M44 jackets for opinions  

2 x Heer M44 jackets for opinions   2 x Heer M44 jackets for opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 x Heer M44 jackets for opinions
    P
    Many

?

Default Italian cloth

The Italian cloth green field blouse:-
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 x Heer M44 jackets for opinions   2 x Heer M44 jackets for opinions  

Hello,
    I would go for the first one made of Feldgrau 44 wool as if you want to complete the uniform someday, it will be easier to find brown M44 pants than green ones made of EM/NCOS italian cloth...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Hi JPhilip,
    thanks. However I've gone for the example in green Italian cloth as I only collect the 'top half' (tunics, headgear, belts, and a little insignia/ paperwork) so don't need to worry about trousers thankfully! The brown Feldgrau 44 example has the bottom of the eagle sewn over the pocket. Although I personally think it's plausible (the seller says that no other eagle has ever been on), it's something I have never seen in any other example, or in wartime photographs, so it 'grates' a little for me.

The green version has had the eagle machined on before the lining was installed (i.e not sewn through) which is unusual for an M44, but I've been assured by someone with enormous experience of M44's that examples made like this do exist, and that it's an acceptable variation.

I like the largely clear stamps (there is an RB number, though that is faint - added a picture). It is marked B44 - I think the B is for the Berlin Depot (some are F for Frankfurt, M for Munich etc), if you know otherwise please let me know!

The collar litzen are applied by flipping the bottom over and sewing externally on the sides and top (some eagles are applied in a similar way). I've seen this done plenty of times, including on an M44 (added some more pictures, with a comparison to an example of this method on a cut-off collar - see the top, and middle picture). The M44 collar litzen at the bottom right (applied the same way) is from an M44 feldbluse in the Glenn McInnes collection.

Although not seen in the pictures there is a subdued Gefreiter chevron on the arm.

I should have it in just over a week hopefully, and will post more pictures then. It's from an experienced French collector who believes the insignia to be wartime applied.

Best regards, Paul