Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

2nd pattern tropenhelm and goggles, opinions?

Article about: I was hoping to get some opinions on the newest addition to my collection. It has some condition issues to the brim and the liner is missing, but the seller reflected that in their pricing.

Default 2nd pattern tropenhelm and goggles, opinions?

I was hoping to get some opinions on the newest addition to my collection. It has some condition issues to the brim and the liner is missing, but the seller reflected that in their pricing. Also, the goggles were sold with it, but I'm insure as to whether or not they are a piece of issued equipment. They have no maker markings. Any opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Todd

2nd pattern tropenhelm and goggles, opinions?2nd pattern tropenhelm and goggles, opinions?2nd pattern tropenhelm and goggles, opinions?2nd pattern tropenhelm and goggles, opinions?2nd pattern tropenhelm and goggles, opinions?2nd pattern tropenhelm and goggles, opinions?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd pattern tropenhelm and goggles, opinions?
    P
    Many

Issued or not, the goggles seem period and fit in nicely ( pity too that the sweatband is also gone.... )

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Nice example regardless! When on display, no-one is going to notice the liner is missing anyway.

I don't know why but many collectors seem to overlook the Tropenhelms, which makes them relatively available and affordable IMO.

2nd pattern tropenhelm and goggles, opinions? 2nd pattern tropenhelm and goggles, opinions?

Nice Pith helmet I agree with Dan the goggles seem period but I have just never seen that pattern of them if they are German the goggles displayed on Glenn's are the German throw away ones and in pretty common use by AK Nice set. timothy

Thanks for the input everyone. Judging by the wear to the elastic band on the goggles, I'd have to guess they have been with this helmet for quite awhile.

MAP
    ?

Nice pith. Has a nice been there look to it. Got one myself and they are a great to display.

Those goggles give me the creeps Looks like something a mad scientist would wear

Thanks for showing

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)